Where is Dominick Cruz?

Didn't he break his arm in December?

He is watining for an opportunity to jump into a title shot if Cody gets injured. He is ducking top5 competitors though. How many times Assuncao called him out?

The fact that Cody gets an instant rematch at a belt and Dom doesn't is laughable.

Last edited:
He was scheduled to fight Rivera in Nov or Dec but got a broken arm. Now he just seems to be sitting thinking he'll get a title shot. Regardless who wins in TJ-Cody, I think the Rivera-Moraes winner should get the next shot. Cruz needs at least one good win. I thought the callout from Aljo was decent.

He had some pretty serious foot issues that wouldn't go away. Plantar fasciitis is no joke, particularly when your style is so reliant on movement like his is.

Planter something, the knee injuries, broken arm last time. He's a good example of how bad knee injuries can get. Way worse for your career than getting KO'd. Also been unlucky with other injuries.

He is watining for an opportunity to jump into a title shot if Cody gets injured. He is ducking top5 competitors though. How many times Assuncao called him out?

Didn't he break his arm in December?

He was scheduled to fight Rivera in Nov or Dec but got a broken arm. Now he just seems to be sitting thinking he'll get a title shot. Regardless who wins in TJ-Cody, I think the Rivera-Moraes winner should get the next shot. Cruz needs at least one good win. I thought the callout from Aljo was decent.

First of November, nearly six months ago.

I was not aware of this fight and injury, all I could find in brazilian sites was the many callouts from Raphael Assunção.

Being deliberately inactive for that long time would feel like retirement, but even with the injury in this period, 6 months after the broken arm is too much time for not having a fight scheduled. He may be missing the end of his athletic prime days.

Back