Where does Rob Font go next?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Does he move up?
Does he move down?
Does he move sideways?
Does he fight the next guy attempting to crack the top 10?
Does he finish his contract and fight in BKFC?

Does he move up?
Does he move down?
Does he move sideways?
Does he fight the next guy attempting to crack the top 10?
Does he finish his contract and fight in BKFC?

He defended his ranking.

Doesn't go anywhere IMO.

Give him Martinez if the Fig fight doesn't happen.

He should fight the winner of Munhoz/Gutierrez. If not, Simon or Umar.

Cody Garbrant would be a good test to see if Fonts ready for the top 5 again

Easy KO win for Font imo. I guess it kinda makes sense though.

EDIT: I forgot that they fought before and Font won a decision

Last edited:
Give him Martinez if the Fig fight doesn't happen.

Font expressed disinterest in such fights but I would personally like to see him vs Martinez, Javid, Umar type opponents. If you want throw Font a bone give him someone like Cruz or Figgy though.

Being the 35 year old who's in the top 10 coming off some really tough losses, I know it doesn't feel good to get set up to get knocked off vs a young up and comer like Yanez. You win that and then they wanna set you up again? I can't blame him.

Font expressed disinterest in such fights but I would personally like to see him vs Martinez, Javid, Umar type opponents. If you want throw Font a bone give him someone like Cruz or Figgy though.

Being the 35 year old who's in the top 10 coming off some really tough losses, I know it doesn't feel good to get set up to get knocked off vs a young up and comer like Yanez. You win that and then they wanna set you up again? I can't blame him.
Javid is nowhere near a shot at Font.

Either Yan, Martinez, Figgy, winner of Simon/Song or Guiterrez/Munhoz. Lots of good options.

Javid is nowhere near a shot at Font.

Either Yan, Martinez, Figgy, winner of Simon/Song or Guiterrez/Munhoz. Lots of good options.

Javid has better wins than Yanez did, straight up. But yeah he can sit out and fight some winners of the up coming matchups too for sure.

space-tim-curry.gif

Hard to move him up the rankings with Yan and Vera at #4 and #5 currently. He should get to fight Yan next though, or Figueiredo in his first fight at BW like he asked for.
It's not hard at all since ufc rankings are arbitrary and mean nothing.

Javid has better wins than Yanez did, straight up. But yeah he can sit out and fight some winners of the up coming matchups too for sure.
Ya that is true, but I think Font has done his due diligence of fighting a much lower ranked fighter and blasting him out of the water, give him someone closer to his ranking. I'd like to see Javid fight someone like Kyler Philips, Victor Henry, or the Stamann/De Andrade winner, that top 20-15 range.

Maybe wait and see how the folks above him sort things out. Petr Yan?

Ya that is true, but I think Font has done his due diligence of fighting a much lower ranked fighter and blasting him out of the water, give him someone closer to his ranking. I'd like to see Javid fight someone like Kyler Philips, Victor Henry, or the Stamann/De Andrade winner, that top 20-15 range.

Yeah, I just feel like Tony Gravely and Mendonca are both already on that Henry, Phillips level and he outclassed both those guys. If Stamann beats DeAndrade that's a good fight but Javid has been trying to get a fight for now, so no point in him waiting when there's other suitors. Doesn't have to be Font though, I'm with you, Font should get a ranked guy after derailing Yanez.

Most important thing for guys like Javid is activity, you get ranked and you get title shots by putting in those 3 fights a year when you're young moreso than sitting out and waiting for key opponents. I'm just quite high on Javid.

Yeah, I just feel like Tony Gravely and Mendonca are both already on that Henry, Phillips level and he outclassed both those guys. If Stamann beats DeAndrade that's a good fight but Javid has been trying to get a fight for now, so no point in him waiting when there's other suitors. Doesn't have to be Font though, I'm with you, Font should get a ranked guy after derailing Yanez.

Most important thing for guys like Javid is activity, you get ranked and you get title shots by putting in those 3 fights a year when you're young moreso than sitting out and waiting for key opponents. I'm just quite high on Javid.
The loser of Simon/Yadong or Gutierrez/Munhoz would be a good one.

Back