Where does Chael Sonnen rank at 185?

You mean he was Tito after Tito , just didn't win like Tito did

sure at 185.

chael talked his way into big fights.

chael va nate at ufc 109 was went to be a title fight for nate and chael scored the huge upset. that when chael had the spotlight to do chael things.

...you mean other than a juicing embarrassment who stole his best one-liners from Superstar Billy Graham? He probably has a win or two that isn't entirely discredited by PEDs, I just don't know of it.

sure at 185.

chael talked his way into big fights.

chael va nate at ufc 109 was went to be a title fight for nate and chael scored the huge upset. that when chael had the spotlight to do chael things.

He started talking EXACTLY before Marquardt fight. And it was #1 contender already.

He didn't talk himself to the title shot, he talked himself to this title shot becoming RELEVANT, when everyone alrrady stopped caring who Anderson's next victim is.

...you mean other than a juicing embarrassment who stole his best one-liners from Superstar Billy Graham? He probably has a win or two that isn't entirely discredited by PEDs, I just don't know of it.

Well, honestly, if we exclude Sonnen, Anderson, Shields, Vitor and Hendo as PED abusers from top 185 history, you aren't left with much...

One of the biggest overachievers I'd say. All the dude had was decent wrestling and he accomplished quite a bit.

tumblr_msmk8fBVt51rqb68fo3_500.gif

Where do you rank The American Gangster at 185 all time?

Chael has solid wins against:

- Rampage Jackson
- Wanderlei Silva
- Shogun Rua
- Michael Bisping
- Brian Stann
- Nate Marquardt
- Yushin Okami
- Alexey Oleynik
- Paulo Filho

He started talking EXACTLY before Marquardt fight. And it was #1 contender already.

He didn't talk himself to the title shot, he talked himself to this title shot becoming RELEVANT, when everyone alrrady stopped caring who Anderson's next victim is.
No. It wasn't #1 contender. Maia fought on the same card--some unranked dude, I can't remember--and got the title shot.

I don't know that everybody stopped caring who Anderson's next victim would be. Personally, I didn't understand who he could duck a rematch with Henderson after it was promised, then duck a rematch with MArquardt, then fake an injury, but be magically healed in time to look like shit against Maia. You could say I stopped caring, but it was more about the hype surrounding Anderson.
Where is a speculation?
Henderson was getting TRT exemption, and needed to be tested as such. He was always within the limit. Sheilds tested for a diuretic, which may have been to mask, or it may have been to cut weight...though he was never a big MW. That's the speculation.

Sonnen, Anderson, and Vitor all failed PED tests. That's the fact.

Last edited:

- Rampage Jackson
- Wanderlei Silva
- Shogun Rua
- Michael Bisping
- Brian Stann
- Nate Marquardt
- Yushin Okami
- Alexey Oleynik
- Paulo Filho
Bisping beat chael, poor decision. He beat rampage and Wanderlei years after there primes. Chael was a contender whose biggest achievement was new as a tough match up,for Anderson.

Dangerous fight for anyone but always had gaping holes in his submission defense which hurts his overall legacy. Definitely one of the best pressure fighters, was never afraid to fight anyone, and the best talker in MMA history by far IMO. Pretty good run when he could have been a boring, one dimensional, has been wrestler like Lindland which was EASILY a possibility given his fighting style

no he didnt but after that fight he got even more chances to promote himself and the title fight.,

chael is just another guy who didnt care who he fought.

he was conor before conor chael just didnt win like conor did.

But sort of lost the way he lost by giving up very quickly too.

Shale had better face squeeze defence tho.

Well, honestly, if we exclude Sonnen, Anderson, Shields, Vitor and Hendo as PED abusers from top 185 history, you aren't left with much...

Yoel and Lombard as well.

It's kind of hard to rank the top mws cause Hendo, Vitor, Shields, Bisping, Gastelum and Chael all fought in 2 weight classes. Anderson is #1 after that, idk

1. Anderson
2. Weidman
3. Whittaker
4. Yoel
5. Jacare
6. Moose
7. Bisping

Shields accomplishments are mostly at ww
Chael has a great couple years but was inconsistent besides that
Vitor has the infamous trtor run but that was only a couple years
Lombard mostly smashed cans
Hendo best wins at 205

Probably wouldn't consider Chael top 10

Well the question you have to ask is he still undefeated

- Rampage Jackson
- Wanderlei Silva
- Shogun Rua
- Michael Bisping
- Brian Stann
- Nate Marquardt
- Yushin Okami
- Alexey Oleynik
- Paulo Filho

Well if you’re going to count his light heavyweight wins towards his middleweight credentials, 48 year old Chuck lasted longer in the cage against Tito than he did.

Back