When will Ben Henderson's lack of finishes start to become a problem?

If you take out the edgar fights, where edgar is at much at fault or more for the style/pace, when has he been boring?

He beat the hell out of Diaz

He beat the hell out of miller

The guida fight was probably guida's most exciting fight since sanchez

I don't entirely remember the Bocek fight but I don't remember being bored

The pettis fight was fight of the year

The first cerrone fight was a classic, the second time he finished him

He subbed varner

Tko'd roller

Subbed njokuani

You'd have to be a hater to have an issue with his fights/fighting style outside of the edgar fight, which I didn't think were boring but I guess it's the closest he came. So who cares if he finishes them?

But bro, he didn't finish his last fight so he must be a boring fighter. It's pretty clear.

But bro, he didn't finish his last fight so he must be a boring fighter. It's pretty clear.

Like when Condit won the second decision victory of his career coming off two first round KO's and got labelled a point fighter?

literally: until he loses.
for some of the fans: after a couple more decisions.

music-notes-tissue-box.jpg

I don't need those. I was asking questions, not crying. Stop trying so hard to be funny ont he internet. I know its the best part of your day.

Like when Condit won the second decision victory of his career coming off two first round KO's and got labelled a point fighter?

Oh, I loved when that happened. The threads never ended

It's really not an issue as long as his fights are entertaining. People don't really hate decisions ( except maybe trolls/just bleed) per se, they hate seeing stalling in a fight. But bendo is always trying to inflict damage or advance position and his fights are always exciting

I don't need those. I was asking questions, not crying. Stop trying so hard to be funny ont he internet. I know its the best part of your day.

Stop finding it so easy to be a dick on here. This thread is a loaded question meant to make Henderson seem like a boring fighter.

okay come one. hes not a point fighter. its just Frankie, guida, and nate are tough guys to finish...

no doubt he isnt a point fighter. Guida is subbable though, with six sub losses...& Perhaps he could have been able to do a little more against mark bocek, but it was his ufc debut so you can't really give a guy shit for it. Nate , jim miller, and frankie have been finished a combined two times in their careers so you cant really talk down to that either.

well he's always aiming to finish, and it's pretty obvious with his fighting style, he just so happens to be fighting guys that are damn near impossible to finish lately

The thing is, nobody except sherdoggers care about benson. Benson has 0 fans out there, because he is completely uninteresting.

When will people stop bitching about champion not finishing his opponent? Henderson and St-Pierre fight at lightweight and welterweight, respectively, which also are the two deepest divisions in the UFC. Because the talent pool of these divisions are deeper, the number one contender would be a tougher fight for the champion than, say at heavyweight or middle weight division.

Seriously, Henderson took on Edgar in a rematch, then faced Diaz after that. How many fighters at lightweight finished Edgar or Diaz? Just because the champion can't finish his opponent doesn't mean he's a bad champion. Rather, that just means the challenger was good.

Perhaps people are spoiled by Jon Jones finishing his opponents in sequence. But give credit to Bendo for willing to take on anyone, including a rematch with a one tough opponent in Edgar. Arguable he lost the rematch. But Henderson didn't come up with an excuse for not wanting to fight Edgar again. So commend him for that, rather than bitching about when he will finish a fight again.

It will start to become a problem for me when he no longer even tries to finish and his fights stop being entertaining. GSP's fight against Jake Shields is a great example of that. I dont think anybody who saw his performance against Nate last weekend can honestly say he wasnt actively taking risks and looking for openings to finish the fight.

i'm happy as long as guys are getting rocked. the best fights in recent years didn't end in finishes. edgar-maynard II, shogun-hendo.

Edgar beat benson the last time they fought, Edgar and Maynard would beat benson so that might be a bigger problem

His fights in the UFC have been against Diaz, Frankie (x2), Miller, Guida and Bocek. All fighters who are hardly ever finished.

so lame when fights aren't finished, I am pretty sure Diaz would have won if the timekeeper didn't ring the bell and the fight went on for 3 hours.

Back