News When did PPV's become not worth the money for you?

I’m miserly as hell, so a long time ago. Now I go to the sports bar to watch the cards I want to see. Eat, drink, watch some fists fly… all for around half the cost.

When did PPV's become not worth the money for you?

When I learned how to stream...

Last edited:
For me, when I had a technical issue with a PPV and couldn't get my money back.

Miss the days when it was $29.99 :')

If you have the patience…

-following along via sherdog updates
-watching gifs from @KazDibiase
-watching for free the next day on mma-core
-following up on matches to make by @GibsterMMA and @Siver!

Is not a bad option!

I love my sherbros if you can’t tell

If I am off the grid, or similar I do this too. Mainly the official Sherdog PBP, or the live thread (not enough phone service etc for those other things).

Refresh page, read, refresh page, read, lol amazing how much enjoyment you can get from that!. Actually I did this for Francis vs Fury, it was a wild ride lol.

When I realized they would never drastically alter the profit to fighter pay ratio

I went to my friend's house and shared my weed for UFC 100 because I thought it was a bit pricey.

The last boxing pay per view I watched was Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson.

I will pay for definite special fights (Jones Aspinall. GGG Alvarez. Takeru Rodtang), but even then - the amount of PPV that have cut out or lost signal for whatever reason makes me think "no, thanks".

It's crazy you guys have to pay for espn+, ppv and watch ads just to enjoy one night of fights. In Russia we watch every fight for free on TV. There is 1 min ad break between the fights and thats it.

Well the first big thing UFC fucked up on was the ESPN+ idea.

It is beyond stupid to charge a customer a monthly fee for the privilege of being able to further buy a PPV. I have no interest in ESPN+ but I would maaaybe get a PPV as I've done in the past before that mess. But locking it behind a paywall? Get fucked Dana. Guess it's a pirates life for me.

I used to buy UFC PPV's all the time. I would either pay and watch them myself or invite a few friends over and split the cost. I first got salty when they introduced ESPN+ and you had to be a monthly subscriber to buy PPV's but I subscribed and still bought the occasional PPV.
This was the breaking point for me. That ESPN+ requirement not only made me stop buying PPV's, but it made me stop watching the sport for a couple years.

Now I'm at the point where I'll occasionally watch an illegal stream, but honestly if they found a way to stop those, I'd just stop watching MMA altogether. It's not worth the price

Last time I paid for a PPV was Nick vs Bj.

Since then I enjoy the finer methods of viewing it live and in HD with less issues than a satellite connection on a clear day.

#Internetbless

Luckily they allow two accounts to be signed into ESPN+ at once, that’s how I’d split it with my dad. After this last price hike to $80 my dad won’t split it anymore lol.

I buy a few per year. If they were cheaper, I’d do more.

They were in the $40-50 range, which I thought was kind of high at the time. It's about double that now.

Charging that much just causes people to go to streaming, torrents, and bars.

When they got above $29. Tickets to the events were online $25. Today's prices are beyond outrageous at this point. I'd rather buy a good game and have that game for years than waste it on a ppv that I can watch for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back