What's your thoughts on Jiri performance?

What's your thoughts on Jiri performance?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was it disappointing? Or Poatan is just the better man that night?

I was kinda disappointed by Jiri, I was hoping for more. But I think those calf kicks to his leg were very effective and compromised Jiri leg. Definitely slowed down his mobility, especially in the second round.

So massive credit to Poatan for that.

Can't wait to see him fight again, but I doubt he can be champion.

I think at some point he decided he wasn’t going to respect the striking of Alex and that backfired. Now, it could be he was tired of getting his leg kicked to hell and he threw caution to the wind and just said the best defense is a good offense and bit down and marched forward. He seemed to be on his way to winning another rnd before he got elbowed to death. I wouldn’t write him off because of that loss and if they ever meet again Alex will rightfully be heavily favored but I wouldn’t be shocked if Jiri shocks the world.

I wished we see more. Goddard did terrible job as a refferee there, he's just like Herb Dean.

Jiri vs Goatan is the modern Pride Fighting Championship fights, both of these guys should have been given the chance to be a warrior.

His length and unusual style was having good success in the stand up, he just got a little crazy and got tagged with some technical counters in the following brawl. Whether he felt rushed because of his leg, perhaps.

Good strategy mixing up the takedown threat to throw those long shots, and a good uppercut. I think Alex would've figured that out before end of RD3 though. He should've clinched and made it more gruelling, Alex tends to settle for a bad position on the ground. That's the safest path to victory.

Unpopular opinion but I don't like Jiri's style. He is too reckless and his style of movement is very wasteful for a big LHW like him. So this fight with Alex was just another case of an unorthodox fighter getting checked by someone who has proper, high level technique.

Unpopular opinion but I don't like Jiri's style. He is too reckless and his style of movement is very wasteful for a big LHW like him. So this fight with Alex was just another case of an unorthodox fighter getting checked by someone who has proper, high level technique.
This may be unpopular, but it is correct. I think the rematch would go more heavily in Poatan's favor if it was kept standing like this fight, as he'll already have a sense of his rhythm.

I thought he was doing pretty well and I'm not sure if tagging Pereira in the 2nd round changed how he was fighting. I can't remember what led to the exchange that got him dropped.

His length and unusual style was having good success in the stand up

I just re-watched the fight, and honestly, Jiri only had 3 good moments. He landed 3 solid overhands, but Alex saw them all and leaned away, then proceeded to shut down the follow-up shots. Other than that, he was being outclassed, which is what made him get overly aggressive. His leg was toast. The clock was ticking.

I think at some point he decided he wasn’t going to respect the striking of Alex and that backfired. Now, it could be he was tired of getting his leg kicked to hell and he threw caution to the wind and just said the best defense is a good offense and bit down and marched forward. He seemed to be on his way to winning another rnd before he got elbowed to death. I wouldn’t write him off because of that loss and if they ever meet again Alex will rightfully be heavily favored but I wouldn’t be shocked if Jiri shocks the world.
Lol at elbowed to death

Classic Jiri's performance. He just fought someone better and lost.

I thought he did great,he forced Poatan on the back foot and no one really does that,but he got sloppy with the overhand right,and that gave Poatan the opening he needed.

I just re-watched the fight, and honestly, Jiri only had 3 good moments. He landed 3 solid overhands, but Alex saw them all and leaned away, then proceeded to shut down the follow-up shots. Other than that, he was being outclassed, which is what made him get overly aggressive. His leg was toast. The clock was ticking.
How did you rewatch it? :p

Don't want to shit on a warrior like Jiri, he's top entertainment of course. Love the guy.

But yeah, leaning forward on your leg that's extended for the proven great kicker to get a head start? That was worrying.
And then it surprised me a bit that such a short shot took away his balance. It's one thing if a power shot intended to put you out lands. But I thought Jiri's chin was solid enough to take those where there's not much of a load up. So I guess disappointed?

I think his strategy was going for the takedowns which is probably the wrong strategy considering his skill set.

He wasn't putting as much pressure on Alex that he did on other opponents, but that was probably because of the leg kicks and power that Alex has.

Thoughts?

852.jpg

Was it disappointing? Or Poatan is just the better man that night?

I was kinda disappointed by Jiri, I was hoping for more. But I think those calf kicks to his leg were very effective and compromised Jiri leg. Definitely slowed down his mobility, especially in the second round.

So massive credit to Poatan for that.

Can't wait to see him fight again, but I doubt he can be champion.
Good performance that was disappointing at the end. He threw a right without any setup that allowed Poatan's 1-2 counter to land.

More disappointed with the ref, should've gone on at least a few more seconds.

Back