What's your go to movie scene that makes you cry no matter what?

Since having kids every film.

Ghostbusters afterlife, the ending with ghost Egon got me both times I watched it.

I remember when my son was little, he cried at the Iron Giant ending. When I was a kid, there were a few scenes in Brian's Song that hit me hard.

Low budget independent film “ink”
Acting isn’t great and it is LOW budget, but the finale more than makes up for the quality of the film. As a dad, it hits home

Thats a strong scene sir.
I've seen it a dozen times and it still gets me, especially when John asks not to be put in the dark. Sheesh, what a beautiful yet awful scene lol.

Low budget independent film “ink”
Acting isn’t great and it is LOW budget, but the finale more than makes up for the quality of the film. As a dad, it hits home

one of the best movies I've watched
underrated af
this scene is powerful

I've seen it a dozen times and it still gets me, especially when John asks not to be put in the dark. Sheesh, what a beautiful yet awful scene lol.

Yeah they pull your heart right out in that scene lol...bastads

Too many. For some reason I'm such a crier when it comes to movies. In terms of a happy scene that always makes me shed a tear this is definitely up there.

I can't post it for obvious reasons but the scene from the wire where you see Nick Sobotka's girlfriend's tits.

its-so-beautiful

Edit: god damnit! How do you post pictures now

I know that it is a film derided by many but The Curious Case of Benjamin Button always hits me emotionally. It makes me feel how life both gives and takes so much from you.

- Shadow coming up the hill in Homeward Bound.
- Gerry Bertier's accident in Remember the Titans. Not the accident itself, but knowing he worked hard to be an Olympic-level athlete confined to a wheel chair only to die in another car crash.
- Movies with father son moments have been getting me lately cause I have a young son.
- Mufasa dying in the Lion King.
- Depending on the day, RDJ dying in Endgame gets me.
- Any movies where the Mom dies or she's sick.

There are more...just can't think of any.

There isn't really a movie scene that makes me cry. Off-hand I'd say the movies that had the most people crying in theaters were Philadelphia and Blow. I always thought Blow was better than it got credit for.

I’d cry every time when I was a kid at the ending of AI artificial intelligence, when he gets to spend one day with his mother, I don’t know about now but the last time I was 16 and it still worked

Off the top of my head, one that always gets me:

(Fuck off Universal with your gigantic logo on top of the movie frame)

Back