What's your favorite high end tequila?

• Thread starter Deleted member 316645
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 316645

Most people think Patron is the best tequila out there because of it's extensive marketing and the fancy way it's packaged. However, that's simply not the case.

I tried out this tequila the other day, which is 40$(Patron is around 48$), and it's amazing:

avion-tequila.jpg

Yes, it's the tequila that was featured on Entourage if anyone is curious. However, it's as good or better than Patron(simply type in Avion vs Patron in google and read some reviews).

Anyways, what's your favorite high tequila? I prefer Blanco tequilas, but to each his own. Mine would have to be, in no particular order, Corazon, Don Julio, Patron, Avion, and Cuervo Reserva de la Familia.

Reposado and Anejo Tequila's are so much better than silver

prod_anejo.png

tequila_don_julio_reposado.jpg

Last edited:
Reposado and Anejo is so much better than silver.

prod_anejo.png

tequila_don_julio_reposado.jpg

Depends what kind of mood I'm in. If I want a tequila to mix or drink on the rocks, I prefer Reposado. However, when I'm drinking tequila, I usually drink cold shots, and Blanco's seem to be the smoothest. No hangover either(at least with high end tequilas). Those are all solid tequilas, though. I drank A LOT of Don Julio when I was in Mexico; they don't even have Patron there(which is fine, Don Julio > Patron).

On a budget Corralejo is they way to go. $32 and its better than Patron or anything less than Don Julio.

Don Julio is great but a bit pricier. Want to try KAH just because of the bottle. Milagro Resposado was pretty great too.

Also, Corralejo Resposado is what I drink. I prefer that to silver or Anejo, although Don Julio Anejo is fantastic for sipping on.

I like Petron on Ice because I am a conformist with a cookie cutter personality.

El Tesoro Paradisio and Annivesario

Tres Gen Anejo

Best premium tequila is Hornitos

Patron is a hysterical shit liquid that's all marketing. They whore out their agave and juice and are nothing more than a smoke screen.

heres a tip for you tequila connoisseurs

hold the bottle near your nose and breath in through your nose while your mouth is open

you will be able to distinguish the elements in the tequils

Asombroso or cabo.

Only reposados or anejos. Blancos taste too metallic.

El Tesoro Paradisio and Annivesario

Tres Gen Anejo

Best premium tequila is Hornitos

Patron is a hysterical shit liquid that's all marketing. They whore out their agave and juice and are nothing more than a smoke screen.

Hornitos is hardly considered a premium tequila. It's like 25$ for a bottle, and even Patron shits on it. Shit, even 1800 is better than Hornitos imo.

El Tesoro Paradisio is excellent though.

Jose Cuervo and Petron are good enough for me. If I'm drinking tequila it is exclusively to get trashed.

Jose Cuervo and Petron are good enough for me. If I'm drinking tequila it is exclusively to get trashed.

Cuervo is what's considered a mixto, it's only 51% agave and the rest of the bottle is artificial coloring/sweeteners, which make it taste like shit and gives you a nasty hangover. You could find a decent 100% agave tequila for the same price as Jose; the only reason people buy Jose is because it's heavily marketed.

I mean to each his own, but I'd never drink a tequila that isn't 100% agave. I used to drink Jose when I was like 19 and didn't know anything about tequila.

Cuervo is what's considered a mixto, it's only 51% agave and the rest of the bottle is artificial coloring/sweeteners, which make it taste like shit and gives you a nasty hangover. You could find a decent 100% agave tequila for the same price as Jose; the only reason people buy Jose is because it's heavily marketed.

I mean to each his own, but I'd never drink a tequila that isn't 100% agave. I used to drink Jose when I was like 19 and didn't know anything about tequila.

Yeah I don't even know what you are talking about. Sounds interesting, but I am a beer guy. I don't even drink bourbon and I'm from Kentucky.

I drink tequila maybe like 3 or 4 times per year. It's usually while camping because beer is too hard to lug around. Or if I am out at a bar I will start taking shots after I'm real hammered and at that point I wouldn't be able to tell the best tequilas from average. But next time I'm out - I will try.

Hornitos is hardly considered a premium tequila. It's like 25$ for a bottle, and even Patron shits on it. Shit, even 1800 is better than Hornitos imo.

El Tesoro Paradisio is excellent though.

Hornitos is around $20 and it's a premium tequlia.
In the spirits world there are four categories: standard, premium, super premium, ultra premium

In regards to tequila, standard applies to mixtos which are only 51% agave. Hornitos is a premium 100% agave tequila. Standard would be the mixtos Cuervo gold/silver, Sauza gold/silver, etc... Premium is 1800,Hornitos, Avion, Cabo, Don Julio. Hornitos is far superior to 1800.

Back