Whats the point for countries other than Russia, China and US to own an army?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Panmisiek, Jun 12, 2018.

1. emefer

emefer Purple Belt

I'm in the bathroom, where I take a shit.
    I think Costa Rica asked that and decided to go with universal healthcare instead.

2. whougonnacall

whougonnacall Silver Belt

Like connor vs diaz1 they dominated early but tired out ! Hitler fucked their generals with his incompetence
    Rematch germany needs some ido portal

snakedafunky likes this.
  3. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Yellow Card

I like Sweden's model, where they prepare to turn on a war machine. The entire populace is trained, with industry in place to convert to war production.

4. Billy no mates

Billy no mates Purple Belt

Sweden is not a nascent war machine their strategy is to keep the place so boring no one would want to invade .

5. Bacco

Bacco Red Belt

Did'nt worked lol

[​IMG]

6. Prutfis

Prutfis Master of pups

I think you vastly overestimate the "national guards" in Scandinavia. Pretty much just boys clubs for fat middleaged weekend Rambos.

7. VivaRevolution

The US military is a bunch of teenagers.

8. Prutfis

Prutfis Master of pups

With some pretty good equipment and training.. Don´t worry, I know you could take out the US military because you know guys with machine shops and shit.

Sohei and Merlotte's like this.
  9. VivaRevolution

Oh, you do learn. :eek:

10. A.C.

A.C. AKA Volcano Fists AKA Galaxy Knuckles Platinum Member

India got China to back off from Bhutan just last year. Can’t forget India, honestly China is very wary of them.

I can’t see why any country wouldn’t have a military, at the least it provides jobs and job training for people. Not to mention just the existence of countries like China means you really have to if you can.

PaulKerseyBJJ and Reyesnuthugr like this.
  11. Prutfis

Prutfis Master of pups

<Dany07>

12. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

You couldn't even invade Finland. We kicked your asses.

13. WTF2008

WTF2008 Brown Belt

It would be cheaper. We only freedomize countries that don't have nukes.
    If everyone had them we'd all be equal and couldn't steal resources for a protection fee like we're the Mafia.

That's why I'm not sure what's gonna happen with Iran.

Apparently we want to freedomize them, but all American bases are only in non-nuclear countries and we aren't sure if they have them.

14. Prutfis

Prutfis Master of pups

To be fair with guys like The White Death (Simo Häyhä) I wouldn´t want to fight you fuckers either :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

15. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Black Belt

Creating employment.

16. Rusk

Rusk Black Belt

Finland did good, but your country lost 2 wars to Soviets, before that it was occupied by Russia for 100 years and Finlands best General at the time was a White Officer. Besides Soviet tactics was terrible as well, Soviet Army was in terrible shape, and the use of Ukrainians in the war was a terrible idea (look it up).
    Lastly if you really think that Soviets would not be able to occupy Finland after they defeated Nazi Germany and the Axis, Defeated Japanese in Manchuria in 10 days and conquered half of Europe, you are absolutely crazy. Soviet Army of 1939-41 is not the same as hardcore veteran Soviet Army of 1945.

You know what i find interesting, Russians dont even care about their hard earned victory over Finland, Finland dont really exist in your average Russian`s mind. While it seems that Fins hate Russians, even on individual level, i experienced it my self when i was in Finland, and Finland has build its whole identity around their loss to Soviet Union.

BTW i have nothing against Fins, but because of Fins like you saying BS on the internet i may soon change my mind :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  17. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

Sorry, but Finns dont consider that a loss. Finland's main goal by far was to defend and keep its independence against a monstrous enemy, and it did it.

The latter didn't do much better vs Finns in Continuation War either. Sure, Finns eventually had to gave up some land to Soviet, but from pure number's stand point Soviet got crushed.

Ps.You are kind of right, but personally I love Russians.

18. lfd0311

lfd0311 Gold Belt

Because BTFO, Switzerland

19. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

If you are being objective, you should find that completely understandable, because relatively speaking the war between Finland vs Soviet hit far harder Finns, considering the difference between populations between the two. Ofc it was a bigger deal to a that much smaller country.

20. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Red Belt

Finland's identity was already built before the "loss" to Soviet Union (compare Finland's "loss" to the loss of Baltics, East Germany and Eastern Europe against USSR, and you will see why that "loss" is celebrated). I personally think that the USSR invasion is given a little too much emphasis in mainstream historical narrative. Too much rests on one single event when it was only one part of a long struggle towards regaining independence.

There are a lot of things that the Finns can look back on, as famous (or infamous) historical events. Fighting off famous Viking kings, raiding the Baltic sea, wars against Swedish/Danish crusaders and Novgorodians, the Pope himself marking Finland as the target for such crusades, partaking in Sweden's major wars (such as the 30 year war), and being a crucial part of its Empire at its height (post-Finland they were never a significant military force again), peasant rebellion against Swedish rule, pact of autonomy with the Czar (and the eventual backstabbing and Russification attempts by the Czardom), campaign with the Czar against Ottomans, civil war between the whites and reds, etc.

There's a lot more than just Russia invading Finland. But few Finns know of even half of the events that played a part into Finland's existence. They do know of the WW2 events, but even that is starting to fade away from history, in the attempt to create Finland into what is basically a province for the EU.

This whole talk about only "super-powers" requiring to have armies of their own, is just another attempt to turn smaller countries into provinces and buffer-zones for larger countries.

Let's not forget what happened to the Americans in Vietnam, or the Soviets in Afghanistan. It would have been a much easier feat for America or the Soviets to enforce global rule, if the smaller countries that they used as proxies and pawns, didn't possess any fighting men of their own.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018