whats the name of the fighting style koreans use in their movies??

onemanshow83

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its mostly hand to hand fighting with rarely any kicks and they are really close? Like this fight scene

I know it doesnt work in real life but Im just curious what kind of style they use? It looks pretty cool. I can pull more fight scenes from Korean movies im a big fan of their action movies.

Its mostly hand to hand fighting with rarely any kicks and they are really close? Like this fight scene

I know it doesnt work in real life but Im just curious what kind of style they use? It looks pretty cool. I can pull more fight scenes from Korean movies im a big fan of their action movies.

hapkido, tae kwon do, tang soo do. and yeah it does work. MW interim champ Robert Whittaker did karate and hapkido.

hapkido, tae kwon do, tang soo do. and yeah it does work. MW interim champ Robert Whittaker did karate and hapkido.

I heard he also trained to be a pastry chef, not seen him use it either, to win fights........

Do you think he might use it on Kelvin Gastelum, if they fight, all them lovely pastries might push poor Kelvin up to LHW.

Last edited:
I heard he also trained to be pastry chef, not seen him use it either, to win fights........

Do you think he might use it on Kelvin Gastelum, if they fight, all them lovely pastries might push poor Kelvin up to LHW.
His movement and kicks are very karate. The blitzes just like Machida and the kick to hand combos are patent karate.

I heard he also trained to be pastry chef, not seen him use it either, to win fights........

His movement and kicks are very karate. The blitzes just like Machida and the kick to hand combos are patent karate.

https://www.thespruce.com/fast-puff-pastry-recipe-1136111 said:
In German, blitz means variously "bolt," "lightning," "flash" and more, all conveying the concept of "fast," which is exactly what blitz puff pastry is -- a fast version of puff pastry that exists in almost all cuisines.

blitz-puff-pastry-56831e1c3df78ccc15c4d56a.jpg

https://www.thespruce.com/fast-puff-pastry-recipe-1136111

TS was going on about Korean styles, which bit of hapkido does he use, please don't refer to some generic movement that is used elsewhere.........

And show me how hapkido is making him such a difficult opponent........and factors as part of his success....

Pastry chef-esque in his delivery, Joe!

<Goldie11>

In all seriousness, Whittaker does show his Karate background from time to time.

Pastry chef-esque in his delivery, Joe!

<Goldie11>

In all seriousness, Whittaker does show his Karate background from time to time.

Read the part about TS asking about Korean styles, then old Jimmy says...

Sooooo, how does that prove the Korean styles work...... because Whittaker did hapkido........what has Karate got to do with it??? Lol

TS was going on about Korean styles, which bit of hapkido does he use, please don't refer to some generic movement that is used elsewhere.........

And show me how hapkido is making him such a difficult opponent........and factors as part of his success....
hapkido isnt all throws and joint locks, there are kicks,punches and footwork in there too.

Sooooo, how does that prove the Korean styles work...... because Whittaker did hapkido........what has Karate got to do with it??? Lol
hapkido tae kwon do and TSD have roots in karate.

TSD is like the Korean Karate, or so I've been told.

And others could say it all came from India........what's your point.
the basic kicks and punches found in tsd which spawned tkd and hapkido come from shotokan. Some of the forms are the same.

So basically your saying

But Robert never did TSD??

Only in this plane of existence. He did on a different one and was a Bangla Stadium champ in yet another.

Robert Whittaker did Karate and Hapkido,

Robert Whittaker does not use Hapkido in the UFC to win his fights if at all.........

Karate comes from Japan.

And if you must keep going on about it coming from Korea. I will say the Koreans got it from the Indians..........

Robert Whittaker did Karate and Hapkido,

Robert Whittaker does not use Hapkido in the UFC to win his fights if at all.........

Karate comes from Japan.

And if you must keep going on about it coming from Korea. I will say the Koreans got it from the Indians..........
I didnt say karate came from korea. I said tsd tkd and hapkido have its striking roots in shotokan, which is a japanese art. I'll break it down for you. shotokan(jap)>TSD(korean)>hapkido(korean)

Back