Multiplatform What's the best video game in your opinion?

There is a lot out there that are considered the best. However I will say the game that had the biggest impact to myself. Final Fantasy VII (The original).

Still remember being around 11 years old and being amazed with the game. I have never seen a game like that before at the time.

ss_15f0e9982621aed44900215ad283811af0779b1d.1920x1080.jpg

I agree with Mike Tyson's punch out.

Honorable mentions to resident evil 2, street fighter 2, Castlevania, syphon filter, and XCOM enemy unknown.

For me it's this hands down

If you want to talk about immersion.. well this is plainly sensory overload. It controls and handles REALLY well, the races and events are over the top, and the soundtrack is top notch.

Christ it's hard to top that one. I generally keep Mario games out of my mind whenever talking about "the best game" because I start to have anxiety trying to figure out which one is the best.
I say to myself "it's got to be SMB1. It's the first one, it was a huge leap and it set the standard for video games." But then I think it's got to be Mario 3 which was like the absolute pinnacle and the full realization of everything that people could imagine whenever they thought of Super Mario.

And THEN I think no, it's got to be World. Because that blew everything up even more. It changed gameplay forever. Levels that you could replay with multiple exits, secrets that changed the layout of the levels that would give you access to different exits.

And THEN I think hell no, it's got to be 64. Because it changed games forever. All the 3rd person shooters we have, good bad and ugly, they all exist because of the one that did it first and the one that did it best.

Super Mario is not part of the industry of video games. It directs the industry of video games.

Truly dont get the hype for this one. When I tried it the constant weapon breaking and lack of proper "dungeons" (I know there is the big beast dungeons but eh not the same) just really didnt do it for me.
It's certainly not without its issues and you named probably the two biggest. That said it still does so many things better than any game that came before it or since. Hoping the sequel ties up some of those loose ends you mentioned and it could be a GOAT.

Last edited:
Only game that left me longing for more at conclusion story and gameplay wise was Titanfall 2.

May seem like an odd choice but I'm going with this

630a5d6b-0bc8-4918-b607-db3ae7499c6d.jpeg

Gameplay is still super fun to this day (I'll admit 3 is much smoother though) and each class feels very unique and fun to play. What got me though was the story. That had no reason being as good as it was. I felt like BL1's story was a bit lackluster so when I went into 2 I didn't have high hopes. That was a mistake. If nothing else Handsome Jack is probably the best villain I've seen in video game and by the end of it you two are downright hating each other.

These days my gaming consists of the Borderlands games and Total War Warhammer 3, but I keep going back BL2 the most.

Last edited:
Back