What's next for Ward?

Chilean Scrub

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
After beating twice what was his biggest threat in the division, I don't see where can he go from except than a fight with Stevenson for the belt that he still doesn't have.

But after that what is next? Is there any other fighter in his division that can pose a threat to him? Do you see him going up to the HW ranks? or is it time to call it quits?

If he does go up i would be really surprised. I dunno the size of Ward but guys like Anthony Joshua look gigantic in comparison (at least on TV).

He doesnt have much left that makes people interested. Ward on his own isnt that interesting and if he does go up....he doesnt strike me as the type of guy that fights the best hw.

He needs to man up and fight Superman now or retire. No other fight matters. Time to fight THE CHAMP.

Anthony Joshua. He is so tall hits nuts would be very easy to hit. Book it in Vegas with Tony Weeks.

Anthony Joshua. He is so tall hits nuts would be very easy to hit. Book it in Vegas with Tony Weeks.

AJ is too scared to fight in the US. He already said that he won't.

He only has mandatories and a slim hope of Stevenson left. CW and HW are absolutely out of the question for him. He doesn't have the athletic talent(or build) that Roy Jones had to make that kind of jump.

Some sloppy toppy from his hot wife and cashing a $6.5mil paycheck.

If Golovkin beats Canelo hes going to be pursued.

Ward is going for a legacy.

If Golovkin beats Canelo hes going to be pursued.

Ward is going for a legacy.
Ward shouldn't look down a weight for a big fight. GGG would be a sitting duck anyway. Ward would dominate and get zero credit.

Ward shouldn't look down a weight for a big fight. GGG would be a sitting duck anyway. Ward would dominate and get zero credit.
GGG is the biggest name in boxing if he beats Canelo.

Ward vs Stevenson could be made. I think Ward wins 8-4 maybe wider. I don't think he knocks stevenson. Stevenson has a chance with his sneaky left but I think that will win him some rounds but not many.

Ward vs Stevenson could be made. I think Ward wins 8-4 maybe wider. I don't think he knocks stevenson. Stevenson has a chance with his sneaky left but I think that will win him some rounds but not many.
Pretty much zero chance Stevenson would take that fight. He doesnt want to get beat down and embarrassed.

Calling it now, Ward fights Bellew at cw or hw next. I would favor Ward there, Bellew was a 175'er not long ago. I would favor Ward there fairly significantly.

Plus, they were both in Creed and they both beat the wrong Adonis, ironically.

There are a few good prospects working their way up but he might not want anything that isn't considered a big deal. I think there would be some hype though if Joe Smith Jr. Beats Barrera impressively.

Golovkin
Stevenson
Canelo

Maybe a shot at cruiserweight.

Wilder?

Ward would have all the time in the World to see Wilders punches coming, step in and savage his body.

Beterbiev :)

Every1 is scared of him...

Back