What's next for Demetrious Johnson.

Who fucking cares?

Lighter fighters are only relevant to the extent they are willing to fight up a weight class.

MM's success is tied to his willingness to fight at BW. He won't do it, so he is ultimately going to be remembered as a footnote.

No one would give a shit about Floyd Mayweather if he had spent his entire career at super featherweight.

I can't say that I'm following you here and I think the fact that you went to a different sport for your example says quite a bit.

I can't say that I'm following you here and I think the fact that you went to a different sport for your example says quite a bit.

This isn't hard to follow. If you are a small fighter, the best way to generate interest is by fighting up in weight.

I went to another sport because the divisions below LW are so new in the UFC, so there isn't the same kind of history to draw on. for an example at a higher weight in MMA, note the love that BJ gets for beating Hughes and holding belts in two classes. See also Conor McGregor (who didn't really earn his shot, but still).

MM could go to BW, and be competitive. If he won the championship, people would sit up and take notice. He can't or won't compete up in weight, which leads to no one giving a shit about him.

Maybe this is unfair, but MM is so small that he ran between Herb Dean's legs in the second Dodson fight. No one wants to see him continue to dominate a division so shallow we are going to see a third Benavidez fight (in all likelihood), but that is what we are gonna get because MM won't move up.

Let TJ drop down and get an instant tltle shot.

I'm guessing he's gonna fight some random sherdogger next

Sadly Joe B is probably next.... I have no desire to see that fight again.

Back