What's going on in the welterweight division? no top 15 fights are booked

UFC is fucking trash. They can't be having people fighting each other through merit and 'earning' it. They gotta keep clownin.

images

The matchmakers will get high on coke one Tuesday, match up all the guys in the top 15, and Dana will jump on Instagram and take credit.

Basically, you have the most inactive champion on the roster with Leon only defending twice in nearly 2 years. His last defense was against Colby who is the most chronically inactive fighter on the roster. I guess everyone else is following their lead.

UFC 304 is still empty, so I'm sure they'll stick a few WW fights on there, at least Leon/Belal and MVP vs somebody(wonderboy maybe). Works well if Aspinall is the main and Leon/Belal as co-main since they'll have to stack the card around a snoozer title fight.

Shavkat could get either JDM, or possibly Usman since he's probably near retirement and still has a high ranking. They could also be waiting to see if Islam wins dominantly to slide in for a title shot later this year. I'm assuming it'll also be Burns/Brady and Colby/Garry maybe around August, but those aren't in the title picture anyway.

Last edited:
Its called waiting weight for a reason.

it is a bit weird, but - when your best contender is belal muhammad, i guess you have a tendency to just throw up your hands.

Back