Whats Aldo's future?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just lost for the belt a 2nd time, in a short notice fight that he shouldn't have taken IMO. This knocks him back atleast 1-2 years for his next title fight.

It's doubtful Aldo holds the belt again. He has clearly left his prime and is on the down side of his career. Athletically speaking he still has the speed and power to do damage. And in all honesty he runs through everybody at FW not named Holloway or Conor.

He fought 5 rounds at a retarded pace against Mendes, but it looks like 15 years in the game are catching up to him.

He still has 2-3 years left in him as a top 1-3 fighter, what should his next move be?

Obviously if Edgar can beat Holloway, that probably motivates Aldo to run through Edgar for the 3rd time.

He will never fight for a title again

Fan friendly fights at 155 is all thats left for him

Should go to Bellator and take that HW tournament. My money would be on him!!!

With 30 pro fights under his belt, back to back TKO loses that's a good bit of wear and tear, it might be too late for Aldo to re-charge his career.

That said I'd like to see Aldo at Lightweight. Especially given how often we hear how tough the weight cuts to Featherweight have been for him. How'd he do with 5-6 months off, and fighting up at Lightweight?

He owns a burger shop. He needs to focus on that and not end up like Hendricks restaurant. I say this because we own our own place and running a restaurant is no fucking joke!

Retire before he accumulates an extra 3-5 losses

PLEASE!

Aldo would get mauled by the top guys at 155. He needs to have a couple gimme fights and then think about a possible retirement.

It seems like he has been really struggling the last years with the weight cut. He should at least get one fight at 155 against a favorable opponent to see where he stands.

Aldo needs some time off. He’s still a great fighter and an amazing champion. The pathetic vermin on his smut site will never be able to truly appreciate the heart of a lion he showed in there were lesser men would tap to strikes, Aldo hung in there and continued to believe until that fight was called.

Aldo will regroup and come back.
You are all idiots and wild animals.

With 30 pro fights under his belt, back to back TKO loses that's a good bit of wear and tear, it might be too late for Aldo to re-charge his career.

That said I'd like to see Aldo at Lightweight. Especially given how often we hear how tough the weight cuts to Featherweight have been for him. How'd he do with 5-6 months off, and fighting up at Lightweight?
just fyi, "how'd" is short for "how did" not "how would"

Hopefully not fighting Maibek Taisumov like Cowboy. Give him Joe Lauzon

Back