Social Whatever happened to the "Rent is too damn high" fella?

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He deserves vindication.

441333641_7545594545476138_988954603858622503_n.jpg

i always thought that was samuel l jackson from a movie.

as a karate expert ...

vote for him

Wherever he is, he wasn't wrong lol
Retired from politics and endorsed Trump. Also turned out that he was living in his Flatbush apartment rent-free since the '80s. Had a separate super cheap rent-controlled place in Manhattan that was trying to evict him on the grounds that it wasn't his primary residence. Dude was just crazy.

Retired from politics and endorsed Trump. Also turned out that he was living in his Flatbush apartment rent-free since the '80s. Had a separate super cheap rent-controlled place in Manhattan that was trying to evict him on the grounds that it wasn't his primary residence. Dude was just crazy.
Son
Of a bitch

We can't have anything good in this damn Earth, can we?

Property taxes are a scam. It's awful.

Property taxes make home ownership difficult for many, especially the elderly.
A lot of millennials and eventually zoomers don't even get to the point of thinking about property taxes. They can't even get to the point of having a down payment and then affording the mortgage. If I didn't get my house in 2018 I would be stuck renting right now too.

A lot of millennials and eventually zoomers don't even get to the point of thinking about property taxes. They can't even get to the point of having a down payment and then affording the mortgage. If I didn't get my house in 2018 I would be stuck renting right now too.

Real estate is definitely a problem but I think people's spending habits are an even bigger problem.

Not sure how old you are but in the 90s people drove beaters around but could afford rent and mortgage payments. These days drive through a standard run of the mill apartment complex and take a look at how many newer cars are sitting in the parking lot.

Shit I know dude who is 35, has to live with his parents because he can't afford a house, yet he has this 2022 Mercedes SUV something or other. Like the kind of shit a well to do 45 year old woman in the suburbs would drive her kids around in. Another friend has to live with his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend because he can't afford his own apartment. Yet he owns a 2020 diesel Silverado that he bought from a dealership a year ago. The fuck you need a truck like that for when you've never lived in anything other than apartments?

I bought my house in 2009 and was just barely able to get approved for the loan, despite having zero debt. If I had a car payment, I wouldn't have been able to get approved and who knows if I'd still be renting to this day because of that.

Back