Whatever happened to Ken Shamrock's Bare Knuckle Fight?

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I thought he was going to fight some famous Irishman after kimbo.
Why did it get canceled?
Thanks

i doubt that Ken can win or survive a bare Knuckle fight against his wife let alone some nasty irishman.. so thank god it didnt happen

12662711_10205765625003784_8819125001005141619_n.jpg

Fight with Royce probably pays a lot more and will hurt a lot less.

Revenge on Royce sounds much, much sweeter than fighting some pikey behind a few caravans.

Probably getting way better cashola from the Royce fight

The promoters probably made the mistake of paying Shammy a part of the purse in advance. When that happens Ken doesn't fight.

I am glad he didn't, I would rather Ken's remaining fights count toward something like building promotions (Bellator, Rizin, etc).

Did you see how Shamrock vs. Kimbo ended?

I don't think it was ever a serious fight.

Ken has wanted the Gracie rubber match for 15-20 years now.

I was wondering the same thing. I am guessing the guy he was suppose to fight got paid some cash to make the fight go away. I remember the Bare-Knuckle fighter saying that that there will be legal consequences if Ken doesn`t fight. I also remember Ken saying the fight was still on before he fought Slice and thanked the bare knuckle fighter for letting him fight Slice first instead.

Quinn vs Shamrock would of been fun, but even a maximum dad bod like Quinn flat up destroys Ken bareknuckle...even if he has never won a legitimate title in his entire life.

Yeah Ken predictably (a least I predicted it) found a way not fight the pikey champ.
I'm not even mad, that would have been another Sakuraba/Aoki type of fight and another legend getting badly beat down.

Hopefully Ken and Royce are too old nowadays to hurt each other (last time they fought they both escaped without a scratch though), I'm actually surprised that it seems that this fight will happen...

But I remember Crocop vs Aleks II, Gus vs Mousasi, etc... nothing is ever sure before the damn bell rings....

RF

Did you see how Shamrock vs. Kimbo ended?

I don't think it was ever a serious fight.

Ken has wanted the Gracie rubber match for 15-20 years now.

It's probably only happening now because Royce and company legitimately think that Ken is shot enough where he is not going to get hurt (unlike in their 2nd fight).

Same thing that happened to Tank v Shamrock, Tony v Shamrock and many other fights over the past eight or so years. It got cancelled, likely after Shamrock already got up front money to promote it. Dude has been involved with many fights that never wound up happening, make of it what you will.

Last edited:
It's probably only happening now because Royce and company legitimately think that Ken is shot enough where he is not going to get hurt (unlike in their 2nd fight).

Yeah, I agree.

He was laughing at Ken in an interview saying how he beat Ken when Ken outweighed him by 40 lbs. He said he would've retired if that ever happened to him... but everyone who watched the fight knows he would've lost to Tokoro if they didn't have the automatic "if it goes the distance it's a draw" rule, which Gracie insisted on.

Yeah Ken predictably (a least I predicted it)
Hopefully Ken and Royce are too old nowadays to hurt each other (last time they fought they both escaped without a scratch though), I'm actually surprised that it seems that this fight will happen...

Actually, Royce had a nice mouse from Ken's punch (the only significant strike either one landed on their feet) and a good bit of damage from Ken's punches and headbutts from the top position. I think his family even helped him walk out, if memory serves. Ken hardly had a scratch. The only pain Royce may have caused were from heel kicks from the bottom position.

Quinn vs Shamrock would of been fun, but even a maximum dad bod like Quinn flat up destroys Ken bareknuckle...even if he has never won a legitimate title in his entire life.

Just to be clear, the bareknuckle was supposed to be Shamrock vs. James Quinn McDonagh--not crazy Dan Quinn. (Wasn't sure because of your "dadbod" comment.) I'm sure Quinn McDonagh would destroy Ken. He's at least 10 years younger, and has done nothing but bareknuckle his entire life.

Shamrock vs. Dan Quinn...who knows? It may end with parole officers taking Quinn away and Mayhem jumping in and asking both guys "Where's my rematch, buddy?!"

Just to be clear, the bareknuckle was supposed to be Shamrock vs. James Quinn McDonagh--not crazy Dan Quinn. (Wasn't sure because of your "dadbod" comment.) I'm sure Quinn McDonagh would destroy Ken. He's at least 10 years younger, and has done nothing but bareknuckle his entire life.

Shamrock vs. Dan Quinn...who knows? It may end with parole officers taking Quinn away and Mayhem jumping in and asking both guys "Where's my rematch, buddy?!"

Yeah I know, have watched knuckle forgot his surname was in fact McDonagh and not Quinn. Hell, I think even Dan Quinn could be competitive...at least he has stevia on his side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back