What would you consider your actual weight?

your-mother-is-so-fat-her-mass-causes-a-stack-overflow.jpg
Pffft! Only if your algorithm sucks.

I'm trying to lose 10 and I weigh myself every morning after I take a piss? I find it helps me track my progress accurately
Personally, I think for those trying to lose or gain, weighing yourself in the morning and before bed is the best way. Gives you a better idea of how your bodyweight fluctuates. I've noticed I typically wake up around 3 pounds less than what I went to bed with.

Personally, I think for those trying to lose or gain, weighing yourself in the morning and before bed is the best way. Gives you a better idea of how your bodyweight fluctuates. I've noticed I typically wake up around 3 pounds less than what I went to bed with.

I don't think it would hurt to do both. For me, I'm not on a long hard core diet I'm just trying to drop 10. I don't need to be that accurate I just want to see progress and I feel like I'm measuring apples to apples that way.
Was 212....down to 208.

262 in the morning, about 270 after the gym (so I have a couple of litres of water in me)

What happens when you stand on two scales, one foot on each scale? Will you weigh 1/2 per scale? Or full per?

Minus pee, minus poop. Slightly dehydrated after sleeping and waking up.

262 in the morning, about 270 after the gym (so I have a couple of litres of water in me)

That's around the weight were my body starts screaming at me that I'm too heavy. I'm a fat dude though, have you felt anything similar?

I always thought you were supposed to weigh yourself first thing in the morning for your 'real' weight.

I round it, as you have noticed everyone’s body fluctuates through the day.

Depending on your size the amount varies

I used to weigh my self three times a day, at wake up, before lunch and at bed time. Sometimes also before and after workout.

I noticed and average 8lb fluctuation for my body.

I love when people say they lost/gained 5lbs. It’s a trivial amount that can change depending on when you weigh your self.

You need to gain/loss around 15lbs to even notice imo.
Thats why you weigh yoyrself at a certain time, like morning after poo. Thats standardized.

Take your morning weight as your actual weight. You will have had around 8 hours of no eating and drinking before the weigh in so it will be the most consistent.

If you're concerned about your weight to the point that you need to differ between "morning weight" and "afternoon weight", you're either a professional athlete or a nutcase.

I weigh in the morning after a piss and shit. I had my doc tell me I needed to lower my triglycerides so I cut out all processed junk food...chips, white flour bread, cookies, desserts etc and I lost 10lbs in 2weeks. I just make better choices, and it works.

Just round to the nearest 5 and move on with your life. Unless you're competing you don't need to be more accurate than that.

If you're cutting or bulking and want a bit more accuracy to track results then it should be first thing in the morning after you pee but before you've consumed anything.

Which is your actual weight? Whichever one you want bud, no one cares but you.

That's around the weight were my body starts screaming at me that I'm too heavy. I'm a fat dude though, have you felt anything similar?

Yeah, I definitely understand that feeling.

I'm not a tall guy (5'11), so carrying all that weight, even when it's mostly muscle, is taxing. My joints hurt, the quality of my sleep decreases (I also start to snore if my weight gets too high, much to the chagrin of my girlfriend), and I feel sluggish.

I feel my best at about 220lbs, but getting down to that weight again would basically involve me starving myself and wasting tons of muscle.

Back