What would the reaction be if Jon beats Stipe, sticks around, and then decisively beats Tom?

I’m sorry, I just fell asleep while reading that. What were you talking about? I’m

Even if Jones stuck around and won, they'd say the fight should have happened a year ago when Tom was in his prime...

If Jones retires, he will be accused of ducking, no matter how long of a career he has had at beating top 10 guys at LHW and HW.

Jones haters will turn on Asspullnall instantly and retreat to "he ducked Francis". Since Jones can't fight Francis Jones can't prove them wrong and they will defend that hill to the very end .

Thats part of why Jones is fighting Stipe. They can call Stipe old but in 50 years thats a great champion he will get some level of credit for beating. Whether he gets that from Asspullnall depends on how his career progesses. When Jones destroys fighters who aren't established legends the credit disperses into the wind. And I think Jones is very aware of that because hes been through that a few times at this point.

Even if Jones stuck around and won, they'd say the fight should have happened a year ago when Tom was in his prime...

If Jones retires, he will be accused of ducking, no matter how long of a career he has had at beating top 10 guys at LHW and HW.

Tom is 31 lol. Remember people trying to sell that Shogun was washed at 29 and had been washed since he was 27.

It will never end for Jon. If Blaydes beats Tom for some odd reason then Blaydes is the new flavor of the month that Jones is ducking.

Ahh naievety, I wish i was like that I'd probably see things different.

I'm glad I'm not that bad at reading comprehension that I make such flawed takes. And I actually dare to face the actual points being made instead of dancing around it so I don't have to face that I made a mistake.

I'm glad I'm not that bad at reading comprehension that I make such flawed takes. And I actually dare to face the actual points being made instead of dancing around it so I don't have to face that I made a mistake.
No, but if I gave my actual thoughts there's a chance I could get carded because it's fighter bashing to accuse certain fighters of PED use without proof.

I never said Jones hasn't earned his reputation. He's a proven steroid cheat. Just because you can pass a basic IQ, I mean drug test it doesn't mean you are clean. If you look at the performances of some fighters and their physiques and their level of dominance it demands suspicion. GSP literally won 33 rounds in a row at one point. I'll also point out that GSP has tons of knowledge about steroids and how they work. It seems odd to me that a fighter who's never used PEDs knows so much about them.

Jose Aldo also had 9 defenses at the time before USADA but since it wasn't 10 or more like I first suggested I suppose it doesn't count.

I have to apologize to you about MM and his level of dominance. He's the one and only fighter at that level I think who might have created his legacy cleanly. I still have to be suspicious though.

I think the biggest title fight defense streak in the past few years currently we've seen was 5 by Adesanya, Volk, and Usman. Nowhere close to 10. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as it's late and I'm tired.

Yes, I'm calling you naive or maybe just cognitive dissonant because you refuse to believe your favorite GOAT might have used. I don't care to hear this bullshit about we can't go on speculation to form our opinions on the matter when the drug tests that were used back then were very easy to pass. You're going to make me laugh.

Last edited:
And there aren't any straws surrounding the actual fight to grasp on to. No fouls, no drama, no distractions, and no injuries coming into or during the fight. Tom doesn't gas out, mentally crumble, show low fight IQ, make any particularly stupid mistakes, or show any glaring holes in his game that we hadn't seen before. He tries, looks good, but Jon is simply better. Tom gets on the mic afterwards and congratulates Jon on winning fair and square.

Which of the following narratives would be the most prevalent?

1. Tom was never that good
2. USADA left so Jon's dirty
3. Fight was rigged
4. Jon still "ducked" Francis
5. Change topic by bringing up Jon's past controversies
6. Fedor/GSP/Khabib is still Goat
That would be a hell of a win and be a great legacy.

Since you brought it up, Fedor is still the Goat.

And there aren't any straws surrounding the actual fight to grasp on to. No fouls, no drama, no distractions, and no injuries coming into or during the fight. Tom doesn't gas out, mentally crumble, show low fight IQ, make any particularly stupid mistakes, or show any glaring holes in his game that we hadn't seen before. He tries, looks good, but Jon is simply better. Tom gets on the mic afterwards and congratulates Jon on winning fair and square.

3. Fight was rigged

Then he will be one of the best to do it and would have been the GOAT if he wasn't fighting in a tested org his entire career, whilst repeatedly failing drug tests and denying the use of PEDs.

You would hope he would stick around for 1 more to break the title defence HW record, but winning the belt and 2 is pretty good with his LW run.

He's clearly already the GOAT, this would just solidify it even further.

That's even more impressive in an era where guys are defending their belt once or twice then retiring or calling for """super-fights""" vs Paul Jake and so on.

Only thing haters have to desperately cling on to are the PED claims, but let's be real, everyone is doing PEDs lol.

No, but if I gave my actual thoughts there's a chance I could get carded because it's fighter bashing to accuse certain fighters of PED use without proof.

I never said Jones hasn't earned his reputation. He's a proven steroid cheat. Just because you can pass a basic IQ, I mean drug test it doesn't mean you are clean. If you look at the performances of some fighters and their physiques and their level of dominance it demands suspicion. GSP literally won 33 rounds in a row at one point. I'll also point out that GSP has tons of knowledge about steroids and how they work. It seems odd to me that a fighter who's never used PEDs knows so much about them.

Jose Aldo also had 9 defenses at the time before USADA but since it wasn't 10 or more like I first suggested I suppose it doesn't count.

I have to apologize to you about MM and his level of dominance. He's the one and only fighter at that level I think who might have created his legacy cleanly. I still have to be suspicious though.

I think the biggest title fight defense streak in the past few years currently we've seen was 5 by Adesanya, Volk, and Usman. Nowhere close to 10. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as it's late and I'm tired.

Yes, I'm calling you naive or maybe just cognitive dissonant because you refuse to believe your favorite GOAT might have used. I don't care to hear this bullshit about we can't go on speculation to form our opinions on the matter when the drug tests that were used back then were very easy to pass. You're going to make me laugh.

The reason I said you read my post wrong was that I definitely didn't say that no one that didn't get caught could have cheated, I said that when it's just speculation you can't do much about it. It's extremely easy to see the difference between that and whatever you made up in your own mind. Evidence weighs far higher than speculation and we also can't prove that someone didn't take something, which also goes for the USADA era as there's no reason to think they caught everyone that cheated. There's no room for interpreting that as being naive as it's just fact. You're clearly the kind of person to attack straw men though.

Good call about Aldo, I completely forgot about him and he's definitely one of those legendary champs so that's on me.

There hasn't been as many title defenses but we've seen quite a few fighters with long winnnig streaks at the top before becoming champs under USADA, on top of the champs we spoke of. Usman, Khabib, Edwards, Holloway, Makhachev, etc. The long winning streaks aren't any more rare now than before.

7. I'd wake up from the obvious dream I was having. No drama? No fouls? That's not how Jon's fights go. Nor is he actually willing to face Tom.

People want Jon to lose , more then they want Aspinall to win

Some. But a lot also really like Tom and like rooting ror him, no matter who he is facing.

3. Fight was rigged
To start off - Jon can NEVER be a goat contender because he popped for steroids, it is that easy. And he is the only athlete in the world that pulses steroids.
And Jon did duck Ngannou who was one of the few people with a reach similar to Jons and who Jon could not out-size..

And as a Jones hater I will say this - I think he beats Tom. Tom only has 78 inch reach, so Jon would do his usual fingers in face shit which more or less stop 99% of his opponents offense. All we want is THAT HE FUCKING FIGHTS. And that he fights the most deserving people instead of cherypicking.

And just to explain why I don't like Jon - He is a steroid cheat. He is the dirtiest fighter ever in the UFC - so dirty the UFC had to change their rules because of him. At a personal level he is an absolute scumbag, a liar, a women beater, and just an all round piece of shit.

And I will go so far as to say that people who are aware of all of this, and still are fans of him - are scumbags too. And that is based on personal experiences.

Back