What would the reaction be if Jon beats Stipe, sticks around, and then decisively beats Tom?

Your reaction if Stipe beats Jon and then beats Tom + a resurging Sergei - before retiring?
stipe-miocic-and-new.gif

My reaction would be "at least he fought and beat the top contender instead of wasting everyone's time and disappear".

Speculation isn't enough to make something out of so it's the proven cases that we have to go on. Jones definitely deserves his reputation since he's been caught multiple times and did so much of it that he couldn't stop pissing hot at one point.

As for not seeing anything like that during USADA, it's a faulty statement. Jones had several of his defenses after USADA came in (he of course also got caught during that time), and Mighty Mouse had the majority of his defenses after that as well and always tested clean. Anderson started losing well before that so it's unrelated, and GSP retired well before that too but his outspokenness was a significant reason why better drug testing was implemented in the UFC. Those are the only four that are around the 10 defense mark, so we see that half of them were still active in defenses after USADA came in, and it's been extremely rare through the entire lifespan of the UFC to amass that amount.
Ahh naievety, I wish i was like that I'd probably see things different.

The haters would say Aspinall was overrated, Jones was cheating, and Jones is overrated. People who are knowledgeable will say, we knew he was the best all along.

Multiple asterisks for multiple failed drug tests

Means nothing

People forget how the threads before were speculating how Blaydes would destroy Jones and is a nightmare matchup. Also don't forget Pavlovich. If Jones cut through Aspinall and Aspinall, people would just hop on the Blaydes/Pavlovich wagon. It's kind of funny watching the crowd jump ships after each sinks and pretend their new guy was the worst match for Jones the whole time. I just think if Jones feels it he should break the HW defense record and leave, HW has garbage grappling.

I would start making a thread on sherdog giving Jones credit and then wake up from my dream.

If JJ was able to win against tom he would fight him now. BTW I cannot imagine stipe winning against JJ.

4 and 6 would be correct, but switch Khabib's name with Anderson Silva.

And there aren't any straws surrounding the actual fight to grasp on to. No fouls, no drama, no distractions, and no injuries coming into or during the fight. Tom doesn't gas out, mentally crumble, show low fight IQ, make any particularly stupid mistakes, or show any glaring holes in his game that we hadn't seen before. He tries, looks good, but Jon is simply better. Tom gets on the mic afterwards and congratulates Jon on winning fair and square.

Which of the following narratives would be the most prevalent?

1. Tom was never that good
2. USADA left so Jon's dirty
3. Fight was rigged
4. Jon still "ducked" Francis
5. Change topic by bringing up Jon's past controversies
6. Fedor/GSP/Khabib is still Goat
Most likely all of the above, lol

This is sherdog after all.

Beating Stipe and Aspinall don’t add much to all the true greats Jones has already beaten.

Icing on the cake i guess.
It does though. It would prove that he’s just as good at HW as he was at LHW, further solidifying him as the GOAT

Fights Tom and beats him!? The reaction would be steroids got his balls back. Or still gay and that’s ok.

Probably the USADA one. Lot of great athletes have dedicated haters after popping / questionable piss tests.

People will still talk shit, call him a cheater, and say he lost to Reyes.
Haters gonna hate.

Why do Jones fanboys always post threads like what if Jones beat X fighter, what if Jones beat Y fighter? I have a better idea, why doesn't Jones actually fight these people so we can find out and not have these dumb threads?

congrats to him he would be after that the undeniable dirty goat instead of just one of the goat that also is dirty

Back