What would Nate vs Edgar look like?

Big fan of both, I think Frankie wins but I would still love to see their boxing exchanges.

Theres not gonna be any "exchange". Its going to be only 1 person do the delivering.

Frankie cant run around the cage like that for 25 minutes against Nate. Did you think Gomi couldve done that?

Stylistically this is a much better fight for Diaz than Bendo is. You can tell that a lot of people in this thread still have no concept of 'styles make fights' even after comparing Bendo's performance against Edgar to his fight with Diaz.

Nate has much longer reach than Edgar, and great boxing, which is clearly going to be a problem given Edgar's stand-up style. He could potentially beat him with footwork, but he got tagged by Maynard enough for it to be very realistic for Diaz to get some good shots off.

On the ground, Edgar has a clear wrestling advantage. However, Diaz is a black belt while Edgar is only a brown. This was the case with Henderson a well, but Bendo has shown himself to have great submission defense and to be extremely flexible, while we haven't seen that same defense from Edgar. It's possible that he has it, but it's a bit more of a question mark as he isn't as proven in that department as Henderson.

People also don't realise that one of the reasons that it was so hard for Diaz to catch Bendo in submissions is because he tries to pass from standing, and a lot of his GnP is from standing as well. This keeps him safe from triangles. Edgar doesn't do this, and that combined with Diaz's long legs could definitely make a triangle choke finish possible.

Would I consider Edgar the favourite? Yeah, absolutely. Lesser fighters have outwrestled Diaz in the past, and I wouldn't be shocked if his movement was too much for Diaz on the feet as well. But people instantly assuming he fucks him up because Bendo did clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

Effective boxing by Edgar with a lot of frustrated middle fingers from Diaz in between. I would be hoping not because I'd be rooting for Diaz.

Bloody nose for Edgar

Edgar is fast and has good head movement and a great gas tank along with awesome wrestling skills and he's very strong for a smaller guy, I think some of his opponents are surprised with how strong he is for his size.

It would be a good fight, but no way would it be anything like Nate vs. Gomi. Gomi keeps his hands pretty low, Edgar always has his hands up and he's constantly moving and cutting angles very well. Would be an extremely hard fight for Diaz and I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie got the UD at all.

Oh, and they didn't rob Edgar twice. I had Bendo winning the 1st fight in a close decision, but had Frankie winning 4-1 in the 2nd fight judging off the only time I've watched it, maybe I'll rewatch it, but I already know Frankie should have got that decision.

Good breakdown all the way around, totally agree on the Bendo-Edgar fights as well.

Not a good matchup for Nate. Diazes have proven to be most effective against guys who aren't as fast as they are, and who don't mind getting into a slugfest/trading shots. Edgar is pretty much the opposite of that. There's always the chance Diaz times him well like Maynard did (on two occasions) and rocks him enough to pounce, probably trying to lock on a sub while Edgar's rocked, but I think the most likely outcome would be an Edgar win.

edgar is a much better boxer than nate , saying that nate would outbox edgar is a wrong statement. he might outstrike edgar, but not outbox him.

im not sure if they are willing to fight each other because of their Gracie affiliations

but if you think Bendo looks fast vs. Nate, then Frankie will look like the flash against Diaz

fucking lol TS. You clearly don't know shit about MMA, please stop posting. I don't know who would win, but it would not look like the Gomi fight AT ALL. Oh and btw, Edgar didn't get robbed twice, I'll give you the second fight though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back