What Really Happened at UFC 189 (Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald 2) excellent fight break down

2 - Do you agree Rory was winning the fight until Lawler TKOed him in the 5th???
Well yeah.

IMG_1651.0.0.jpg

I never thought Robbie was close to being finished in that fight. Rory took 80% of the damage in that fight. Robbie power slowly broke him down. Didn't Rory make a statement prefight saying his will would never break. His heart was shown throughout the fight but the accumulation/power broke him down in the end.
The flurry after the head kick had him in real trouble, Rory also landed a big knee in there. Lawler is just an animal.
BouncyGaseousAlbertosaurus.gif

All three judges had the fight 39-37 Rory going into the fifth. I thought Robbie won the 1st and 2nd, and it was 38-38 personally.

1. I thought Rory should have taken it to the ground at some point.
Rory thought he should have taken it to the ground as well, which is why he repeatedly tried to take Robbie down. He just failed, because Lawler's takedown defense is S-level.

Rory is tough as nails. I was a fan before the fight, and more so since then.

1. I thought Rory should have taken it to the ground at some point. Robbie turned the fight in a toughman contest and that was exactly what he was looking for.

2. 2-2 going into the 5th and give the momentum to Rory.
rory tried taking it to the ground many times, robbie has an amazing sprawl and stopped the take downs. did you watch the fight?

The flurry after the head kick had him in real trouble, Rory also landed a big knee in there. Lawler is just an animal.
BouncyGaseousAlbertosaurus.gif
Eye Poke clear as fuck right there.
Sad state of affairs when fighters are throwing them in combinations.
If Robbie had reacted like a normal human in that situation, he would have been KO'd.
Good thing he's not.

Last edited:
I was wasted on the vacation of my life at this fight live with 3 of my best friendd. It'll prolly always be my favorite fight for that reason and the fact that it was incredible obviously

i believed you till you claimed you had 3 friends.

pics or didnt happen.

Best title fight at 170 ever. Thought Lawler was down on the cards but the guy has heart for days. Cant wait for his fight with Cowboy.

Back