What "poor peoples food" do you guys enjoy

I roll out a mix of beef and sausage, make like a rectangle, put ham and cheese on it, roll it up and wrap it in bacon and put it in a loaf pan. its great too if you then roll that in ground up seasoned crackers
This is sheer brilliance IMO.

sheeiiiit, i didn't realize that was either...i'm poorer than i thought, haha. But its so simple yet so delicious.
Even if i hit it rich, would still eat a lot of these.
Reminds me of an interview i saw with Shaq, said he hates rich people food.
Look at twice-baked potato recipes on Google. It's delicious and very easy to make.

On the subject of fried chicken, My local grocery store sells really good fried chicken. Thighs are $0.99 each. I order an 8 piece for duh, $8. Can't beat that. My only issue is they turn their fryer's off at 5pm. I don't like eating dinner that early. So i recalibrate my oven -35 degree's since its lowest setting is 170F. It hovers around 135F - 150F which is perfect to hold the chicken on a rack for 3 hours.

BTW, if you want some bomb ass gravy, mix Pioneer roasted chicken gravy with Pioneer brown gravy.

Also I love Hot dog/Gyro stand food. Always much better than chain fast food also usually 3 times as bad for you.. tastes great tho.

Look at twice-baked potato recipes on Google. It's delicious and very easy to make.
Sooo good. Used to get those in these twin packs that came in these paper looking oval containers. Homemade ones are great, but something about the mass-produced ones that would get all crusty at the edges. Delicious chemicals.

Attachments

• potato.jpg
    potato.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
I absolutely love hamburger helper
My father bought a ton of Hamburger Helper from this discount store. Think they were around a quarter for these smashed boxes. He also bought these institutional sized cans of corn, which he dumped into the Hamburger Helper. No hamburger, just corn. I guess that made it Corn Helper.

Sooo good. Used to get those in these twin packs that came in these paper looking oval containers. Homemade ones are great, but something about the mass-produced ones that would get all crusty at the edges. Delicious chemicals.
I didn't know that. I'd give them a try, but I've never seen them at the grocery stores in my area (South shore of Montréal). Are they easy to find in the US?

I didn't know that. I'd give them a try, but I've never seen them at the grocery stores in my area (South shore of Montréal). Are they easy to find in the US?
I don’t think so.

I would get them at cheaper stores years ago as a kid, in the Southern US. Maybe 30 years now? I look for them here and there, but haven’t came across one since. I see them on image search, and the products look like new designs, but no clue where they sell them.

Back