What "poor peoples food" do you guys enjoy

My dad had a stint where he was laid off and we ate poor people food during that time. I still crave it every once in a while:

Dried beef gravy and biscuits:

1703335501502.jpeg

Salmon patties:

1703335539889.jpeg

Ghoulash:

1703335583019.jpeg

Peanut butter sandwiches
Bananas
Pasta
Eggs

Does Campbell's Chunky Soup qualify as poor food?

Ramen with some sliced up hot dogs was my go to when i was younger

My delicious meals thread was full of cheap food and was put down by everyone under the sun on here. Alas its gone to the great beyond.

My delicious meals thread was full of cheap food and was put down by everyone under the sun on here. Alas it’s gone to the great beyond.
They always come back…

It was. And full of laughs. Now where is Banchan?

No bullshit Costco's hotdog is awesome.

They always come back…

It was. And full of laughs. Now where is Banchan?
She was on another mma website for awhile I talked to her on there. Its funny how none of the people who put down my food had the guts to put any pics up of the meals they made. Not one of them. God I threatened so many people on there I became psychotic lol. I take ashwagandha now thanks to a thread I read on here and am alot calmer.
Thanks sweetviolenturge thats a great herb.

1703903161877.png

Growing up if you wanted poor people food for a kids outdoor birthday party or cookout then this was on the menu. Even present day with inflation you can buy a pack with buns for like 3 dollars total. It might be mystery meat on white bread but dammit it's cheap

Edit: also forgot id have these sometimes on just regular white bread if my parents couldn't buy buns. Basically substitute what would be my sandwich bread with some 5 star Bar S

Last edited:
Kraft dinner mac N' cheese. But if you want a suggestion to something cheap and good that I like: peanut butter and sliced banana in a tortilla wrap.

Used to boil a heap of potatoes then put them in a baking tray. Cover with a jar of pasta sauce and top with cheese. Cook for 10 mins in the oven.

Back