What person accomplished the most in a lifetime?

The Arnold.

Conquered the bodybuilding world

Conquered the acting world

Conquered the political world

You do realize that during that era and all beforehand, every civilization used slave labor to build and for agriculture? America was just doing what the world was used to.

I always lol @ people when they bring this up as if the entire planet hadn't been using slaves for the entirety of their existence.

I always laugh when people say that everyone used slaves so it's ok that we did too. Slavery anywhere was not OK and I dare not use your answer to justify it.

I always laugh when people say that everyone used slaves so it's ok that we did too. Slavery anywhere was not OK and I dare not use your answer to justify it.
Did I say it was humane or just? No. I said it was normal for the times. You can't disparage one nation for slavery as if they are the only ones responsible. As prevalent as it was, bringing it up to belittle the greatness of a nation is just dumb.

Don't know why and how war generals are considered to be more accomplished than say scientists who brought something good to the world, and not rape and murder.

It'd be people like Newton and Einstein. Or great writers like Shakespeare.
Or people who made life changing breakthroughs in medicine like Jonas Salk(polio).
The reason why generals, soldiers, and leaders are more popular than scientists is simple. The soldiers prevented invaders from murdering the scholars.

Did I say it was humane or just? No. I said it was normal for the times. You can't disparage one nation for slavery as if they are the only ones responsible. As prevalent as it was, bringing it up to belittle the greatness of a nation is just dumb.

I said slavery is wrong period. You just assumed I only meant America. I pointed out that America benefited alot from slavery just like some other countries or civilization. (Not all tribes,nations, or races used slaves like you say.)

Muricans get offended when facts are facts when it comes to slavery in America.

I like poster said above. Ya it was terrible what happen to the natives and African Americans.

Your answer was filled with guilt and as if you have a right to be offended, SMH.

26263-278e0e-wilt-the-stilt-chamberlain-with-20000-487x611.jpg

The problem I have with Alexander and Napoleon is that their countries pale in comparison to modern China, who is still a super power (if not the super power). Also, architecture wise, their finger print that still remains, Qin is totally unrivaled (Xi'an, Great Wall, Terracotta, Pyramid, etc). I would have said a westerner had I not gone to Xi'an China and actually seen this first hand, seen the Great Wall in Beijing and realize how greatly China dwarfs any Western country and has been a steady preeminent super power (where as Rome, Macedonia, England, etc) have always fluctuated in power over the past two millennia.

Except when Western nations divided China like a pie and made it their bitch not too long ago.

Due process

same as above. Also militarily and economically, no other country has ever had a global stranglehold lime we do.

Are you telling me that USA is the first and only country in the world with due process?

a 200 year old country has been the top for 70+ years and will not relinquish that title in the foreseeable future. If you're referring to the USSR, they crumbled under the weight of just attempting to look as powerful as the USA. They never were even close to being our equal.

The USA is great not just because of its power but for it being the first and only government owned by its people instead of it owning the people.

Correct. Only the USA know freedom. The rest of us live in chains.

I said slavery is wrong period. You just assumed I only meant America. I pointed out that America benefited alot from slavery just like some other countries or civilization. (Not all tribes,nations, or races used slaves like you say.)

I like poster said above. Ya it was terrible what happen to the natives and African Americans.

Your answer was filled with guilt and as if you have a right to be offended, SMH.
Nu uh you

Also, every advanced society at the time had indentured servants or slaves. That's not really up for debate

Back