What nation has the strongest men?

06624397d58053053aeda398129e6a7a.gif

strong and skilled from Gaytopia

There's no doubt it's Iceland/Finland/ Samaon type dudes. but Iranians, Georgians, Chechens, Bulgarians underappreciated in here.
Olympic Weightlifting / Wrestling.... They are always near the top now.

I was talking about non-steroid, raw natural strength and versatility pound for pound! By that, the Caucasus region is superior with few other countries in the world.

I read some theory about how living in cold climates makes animals bigger, something to do with body heat and increased surface area being more efficient or something. I'm 6'6 and I've known a few Icelandic dudes they were both my size which I was a bit shocked by because I can count on one hand the amount of dudes I've met that were bigger than me. There are only like 300k people in Iceland and they overachieve ridiculously in sports.

I’m seeing a lot of people say Samoa but little evidence to support that claim. Cool nation but not up there with Nordic nations and Eastern Europe in the strength game, imo. They’re no doubt a strong nation, just not amongst the very strongest.

I read some theory about how living in cold climates makes animals bigger, something to do with body heat and increased surface area being more efficient or something. I'm 6'6 and I've known a few Icelandic dudes they were both my size which I was a bit shocked by because I can count on one hand the amount of dudes I've met that were bigger than me. There are only like 300k people in Iceland and they overachieve ridiculously in sports.

It causes a change in the way the body distributes fat I’m sure. A lot of the strongest guys around are carrying a fair bit of winter timber, but it’s usually distributed quite evenly across the body.

I really want to visit iceland one day and date a 6'4 + woman.

I’m seeing a lot of people say Samoa but little evidence to support that claim. Cool nation but not up there with Nordic nations and Eastern Europe in the strength game, imo. They’re no doubt a strong nation, just not amongst the very strongest.

There’s less Samoans than Icelandic’s and far, far less than Eastern Europeans. They also have no strength sport culture, and a woeful gdp per capita in general.

Person for person they’ll outsize (and out strength) any countries which weren’t tribal head hunters only 250 years ago. I mean the average Eastern European is dwarfed by a Samoan, and even the Icelandic’s are slender in comparison.

There’s less Samoans than Icelandic’s and far, far less than Eastern Europeans. They also have no strength sport culture, and a woeful gdp per capita in general.

Person for person they’ll outsize (and out strength) any countries which weren’t tribal head hunters only 250 years ago. I mean the average Eastern European is dwarfed by a Samoan, and even the Icelandic’s are slender in comparison.

A lot of islanders I've met were thick people for sure but they top out at 6'2 max, you never seen any really giant Pacific Islanders, they're usually around 6' and stocky. Big yes, but not absolutely huge people like you get in Iceland.

Interestingly as well as polar gigantism there is also a phenomenon in nature called island gigantism, though I'm not sure how much these apply to humans.

Idk, one of those Northern European countries where everyone's blonde and has too many consonants in their names.

Also if you look it up here

https://www.worlddata.info/average-bodyheight.php

Average height in American Samoa/Samoa is 176cm/175cm which is around 5'8/5'9. There are many, many Eastern European countries that are above this so no idea where you're getting your idea that they dwarf anyone? Even the average American is taller than the average Samoan! They are however very heavy people on average but that's mostly due to obesity issues IMO. Average Icelandic person is 6'0 and 200lbs.

This post basically demonstrates my point - there are a lot of people supporting the notion that Samoans are on par with the Nordic nations and Eastern European’s as far as strength goes, but very little evidence to back it up. Again, I’m open to my mind being swayed here, but I’ll need more than simply your word to believe that they’re one fo the strongest nations on the planet.

There’s very little data for the average height of a Samoan male, but their woman are quite tall at 166.6cm on average. That figure however, is beaten by a total of 15 European nations (and unsurprisingly all of the Nordic nations). Height obviously isn’t a good measure of strength, but it does suggest that the average Samoan isn’t going to outsize the average European.

6'6? You are 1 inch away from being a true sherdogger but we will let you pass.

BTW... since we are talking strongest men. Tomorrow Icelandic (?) Haftor Bjornsson AKA "the mountain" is going to go for a world record in deadlift.
He will go for 501kg and then supposedly for 520kg.

In a time when nothing is happening in the sports world this should at least keep us entertained. Also is a stupid amount of weight.

PS: There is some controversy about this that has been discussed to death in other threads so no point in going over it again.

This post basically demonstrates my point - there are a lot of people supporting the notion that Samoans are on par with the Nordic nations and Eastern European’s as far as strength goes, but very little evidence to back it up. Again, I’m open to my mind being swayed here, but I’ll need more than simply your word to believe that they’re one fo the strongest nations on the planet.

There’s very little data for the average height of a Samoan male, but their woman are quite tall at 166.6cm on average. That figure however, is beaten by a total of 15 European nations (and unsurprisingly all of the Nordic nations). Height obviously isn’t a good measure of strength, but it does suggest that the average Samoan isn’t going to outsize the average European.
I'm not that good in geography but I see American Samoa has 93% of obesity in adults. Fattest place on earth. No surprise not a lot of strength athletes there.

Iceland don't have very many at all.

USA is the answer.

USA should not be forgotten. Just take the NFL. O and D Lineman, and LBs are huge and strong. Avg 260-320lbs. Throw in 3-400 D1 college teams, that’s a ton of beast mode dudes. And these are ATHLETES that train.
Dunno about overall size and strength in world; but NFL dudes have some really strong p4p dudes.

Darwin Thompson a smaller running back 5 7 200 lbs... front squatting 500 like nothing.

BTW... since we are talking strongest men. Tomorrow Icelandic (?) Haftor Bjornsson AKA "the mountain" is going to go for a world record in deadlift.
He will go for 501kg and then supposedly for 520kg.

Seeing as how Eddie is much more built for the deadlift and it nearly caused his head to explode I'm not confident a guy Hafthor's height will be able to do it. Too much bending over and the bar has to travel too far for it to be a legit lift.

Back