What movie should I watch?

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I saw the thread where people were talking about Hell or High Water, Wind River and Sicario (seen all 3 already) and I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions of movies that are a little similar to these. I want something serious, something gritty, slow burn, etc, I'm sure you guys get what I mean based on the 3 films I already named.

Anybody? @shadow_priest_x, you're the movie man around here, you got any ideas? @Dragonlordxxxxx, too, any ideas? Anybody else?

Ill just throw something out there that you have probably seen but just to be sure:

The town
Out Of the Furnace(really good)

I recently watched A Place Beyond the Pines and thought it was pretty good if you’re in the mood for that kind of movie. I believe it was on Netflix but may have been removed.

A bit long, but good acting with a solid cast and decent plot.

MV5BMTUxNzc0OTIxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDI3NzU2NDE@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I hear good things about Kickboxer: Vengeance and Tapped Out.

I recently watched A Place Beyond the Pines and thought it was pretty good if you’re in the mood for that kind of movie. I believe it was on Netflix but may have been removed.

A bit long, but good acting with a solid cast and decent plot.

I actually just watched that last night. Pretty good, but I thought the ending could've been better.

Have you seen Way of the Gun?

I've seen the trailer for it a good while back when you were doing those weekly movie threads. It seemed interesting enough.

Ill just throw something out there that you have probably seen but just to be sure:

The town
Out Of the Furnace(really good)

Seen both. Both good.

watch Revolver

Will check trailer.

I've seen the trailer for it a good while back when you were doing those weekly movie threads. It seemed interesting enough.

This is your movie. It's great and sounds like it's along the lines of what you're looking for. Go watch it, like, right now.

But I'll give you a few back up my back-up suggestions, if you haven't seen them. I wouldn't really say they are similar to the films you've mentioned, but they're definitely solid watches.

And Michael Bay's most underrated film:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the movie man

I will recommend : The prestige

Nothing like your named films, but it fits your description of slow burn, serious etc

Such a good story

A most violent year
Drive
Road to perdition
Nightcrawler

This is your movie. It's great and sounds like it's along the lines of what you're looking for. Go watch it, like, right now.

But I'll give you a few back up my back-up suggestions, if you haven't seen them. I wouldn't really say they are similar to the films you've mentioned, but they're definitely solid watches.

And Michael Bay's most underrated film:

That Hanna looks interesting, may have to watch that

Back