What minor leagues currently exist in MMA???

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Excluding ONE, Bellator, WSOF, M-1 and Rizin, what other organizations are currently out there with a name, that either act as feeder leagues, popular regional circuits or independent entities??? Looking to start following some of the more underground action. Thanks!

KSW is pretty popular and puts on some good shows aside from some biased reffing and judging.

In order (IMO)
1- ACB: great cards this year, looking forward to a wonderful 2017 for them and IMO already bigger tham M-1

2- KSW: They've some really known names and they put on great shows, something that i really like of them is that you always know when they have a card...

3- TitanFC: Tons of good names and really entertaining fighters, even more watchable after the move to FP

4- LFC and RFA (now LFA): The best way to make into the UFC is to fight here, they have a tons of event and really good matchmaking...

5- Cage Warriors: Biggest one of the UK, a lot of stars came of here, theyve got some really good prospects

6- BAMMA: Closest competition to CW, they are the second biggest one in the UK

Then we have promotions like DEEP, Shooto Br and Jp, Pancrase that make cards ussualy but don't generate a lot of hype...
And then there are new ones like EuroFC....

Dragon House Cage Series, both WFC orgs, Tachi Palace, WAR, etc etc..

King of the Cage (KOTC) is also popular. I believe Ronda Rousey and Daniel Cormier had a fight in KOTC early in their careers. Kanako Murata (RIZIN) also fought this year at KOTC.

For WMMA, I don't know if you consider Invicta FC as a minor league.

Best way to find minor leagues is to look at the events calendar.
http://www.sherdog.com/events

Last edited:
I'd add Conquer FC to your list
Theyre coming up here in the Bay Area
Def respect that org! One of the guys on their last card, Drey Mitchell, I lost to him in my pro debut a few yrs ago.

Def respect that org! One of the guys on their last card, Drey Mitchell, I lost to him in my pro debut a few yrs ago.
I was prolly at that fight cause I've seen Drey go a few times

Conquer puts on a great show, looking forward to the next one in February
One of my guys was scheduled to main event the last card against anthony avila outta alpha male til avila claimed he had a shoulder injury and pulled out a few weeks before the fight
Conquer found a decent looking replacement but then he pissed hot the night of the fight and we were informed the fight was scratched about 5 minutes before fight time
Shit sucked but outside of that it was a damn good show

I was prolly at that fight cause I've seen Drey go a few times

Conquer puts on a great show, looking forward to the next one in February
One of my guys was scheduled to main event the last card against anthony avila outta alpha male til avila claimed he had a shoulder injury and pulled out a few weeks before the fight
Conquer found a decent looking replacement but then he pissed hot the night of the fight and we were informed the fight was scratched about 5 minutes before fight time
Shit sucked but outside of that it was a damn good show

Small world.. I actually heard about that when it happened to Juan. I def wish the original matchup with Avila would've happened. Myself, I fought Drey in WFC, went 1-1 since then, but I am 38, work 50+ hrs and only went Pro at 35, because I enjoy the chess aspect of fighting and learning dif skill sets within Martial Arts. Never had any intention on "making it" or using fighting as a career. Injuries, life's realities, and 3yrs later, I still think I can go for another 4-6 yrs as I seriously look 21 and not 38 lol.. Body feels great still, haven't taken much damage and am full healthy, so I got a job at a gym so I can work part time next year and try to fight more often. Basically just enjoy the ride..

There are two organizations that I know of that have dedicated programs that take fighters through the amateur rankings, to semi pro, to professional fighting with full rules.

Shooto, the longest continuously running organization, run by the World Shooto Commission

Road FC.

This was essentially the idea for WSOF Global. 18 affiliates, use them to build regional stars that get opportunity for an international show on Global, with no controlling contract so they can move to whatever larger org they want.

Back