What is your honest opinion on Mark Rippetoe?

You came into the thread calling everyone fat powerlifters that are unfit and then another poster put up your pictures. It also came out your big bad kickboxing and fitness is actually just 12-15 mins on the heavy bag once every couple days, walking to vape and taking a piss at the gym because you walk upstairs ...

I haven't called you fat once, I just pointed out you don't actually train. You're just a random new years exerciser doing the old classic new year, new me.

You have called people fat, called people liars and challenged people to fights and said you would kick a posters teeth in during this thread, before hiding the post, all whilst saying everyone else was mean to you. You're just a keyboard warrior mate and you can't take it when someone gives it back to you. There is a reason you don't want to do anything but hit the heavy bag and we all know it's because heavy bags don't hit back.

Max is having fun, it's ok he is my friend

It's even worse if it's a troll job. I don't care in the slightest, I just call it as I see it. Even the most stauch HW powerlifter isn't going to say that 15 mins of bag work is too much whilst doing strength work. It's not a workout, it's a warmup.

That's like saying 15 minutes of sprinting isn't a lot. Yeah I'm not GSP. I just do a little bit of something. I teased you a lot, now it's your turn.

Ok here it goes, I'm 255 and after these heavy squats or whatever I was doing, taking these super steep steps upwards to get water and back, takes like 6 minutes. OK sounds bad. But it's like really big there and the steps are steep.

Does not sound good

I gotta work on my popularity skill on forums online

Kangeroo Max won this

Last edited:
It got so far
Things aren′t the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me in the end

You kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be
A memory of a time when

Did he really call walking to the bathroom cardio I'm about to lose my shit if someone said that

don't let me find out someone said that.
It's been a wild ride man. I haven't seen someone self own themselves this much for a while.

It's around page 23-25 of the thread. Trab was calling powerlifters fat when he first rocked up and then posted in the thread saying that racking weights and walking around the gym and going upstairs for water and the toilet was hard. Because apparently powerlifters don't have to rack weights and take a piss.
<JerryWWF>

What the actual fuck did I just read?
The nicest rant on this thread from Traberoni. Last time he was talking about fighting everyone including some bannable threats apparently.
I did go back to this thread earlier looking for when the above was said and a heap of ROckandrollracing aka pokerandbeer posts had swapped usernames. It might just be the new forum wigging out, but the new forum has outed a few people recently like that.

Profile pics match up.

FWIW (which is absolutely nothing) I did Stronglifts 5X5 many moons ago (which for all none of you that don't know is similar to SS but with 5X5 instead of 3X5). I added 100 pounds to my 1RM squat that summer, but my bench didn't move for dick.

FWIW (which is absolutely nothing) I did Stronglifts 5X5 many moons ago (which for all none of you that don't know is similar to SS but with 5X5 instead of 3X5). I added 100 pounds to my 1RM squat that summer, but my bench didn't move for dick.
What was your benchpress number and experience at the time? I used the original Bill Starr 5x5 beginner program which was similar but worked up to a max 5RM across the 5 sets. Mine went up rapidly, but 1 hard set of 5 is easier than 5x5. I actually hit 1.3x bodyweight during that beginner period, but I had never benched before and was tiny. All my training prior to that had been kettlebell training and martial arts.

It's been a wild ride man. I haven't seen someone self own themselves this much for a while.

It's around page 23-25 of the thread. Trab was calling powerlifters fat when he first rocked up and then posted in the thread saying that racking weights and walking around the gym and going upstairs for water and the toilet was hard. Because apparently powerlifters don't have to rack weights and take a piss.

The nicest rant on this thread from Traberoni. Last time he was talking about fighting everyone including some bannable threats apparently.
I did go back to this thread earlier looking for when the above was said and a heap of ROckandrollracing aka pokerandbeer posts had swapped usernames. It might just be the new forum wigging out, but the new forum has outed a few people recently like that.

Profile pics match up.

I wonder what you look like irl. Are you some tough Maori guy, a average normal guy. Or what are you like. DM me a picture. Not that I care but it´s interesting. I´m a average guy, a bit sportsy. In any case self owning myself on the internet sounds so much fun. I hope to do more of it in the future. I did not ask to fight anyone in this thread. How do you know maybe people on here are much stronger then me and would kick my ass. I did do it like twice in some weird threads in the past. But it´s obviously very silly. I have come to accept that people can belittle me and I can belittle them online and we are not gonna have some match to see who is more of a noob or an expert. Besides I´m totally against street fighting, If I was gonna fight someone it better be a match in a sport. Fighting is very hostile and as you noticed I am much a very nice guy who doesn´t look to get himself or others in trouble. But I gotta suck up more to people and be more respecful, or I will "self own" myself some more. Not that I mind self owning myself, sounds actually fun.

I wonder what you look like irl. Are you some tough Maori guy, a average normal guy. Or what are you like. DM me a picture. Not that I care but it´s interesting. I´m a average guy, a bit sportsy. In any case self owning myself on the internet sounds so much fun. I hope to do more of it in the future. I did not ask to fight anyone in this thread. How do you know maybe people on here are much stronger then me and would kick my ass. I did do it like twice in some weird threads in the past. But it´s obviously very silly. I have come to accept that people can belittle me and I can belittle them online and we are not gonna have some match to see who is more of a noob or an expert. Besides I´m totally against street fighting, If I was gonna fight someone it better be a match in a sport. Fighting is very hostile and as you noticed I am much a very nice guy who doesn´t look to get himself or others in trouble. But I gotta suck up more to people and be more respecful, or I will "self own" myself some more. Not that I mind self owning myself, sounds actually fun.

Go back through your posts and find where I have ever talked shit about how you look. I have only ever called you out on the fact that you were in this thread calling people fat and unfit. You said you were fat and carrying too much weight, not me. The closest would be when I said you seem to have an issue with food consumption when you said you felt like you were too full to train for 3 sessions in a row.

I then talked about your training when you said that Starting Strength was extremely low volume and easy, whilst barely doing any more volume with 10 different exercises.When your training was broken down, you did a single actual workset at a random 7RM, every other session was some random max out of multiple different exercises.

You count 15-20 mins of bag work as some crazy unachievable cardio, when it usually forms a 5th of most stand up sessions.

You don't train anymore dude, you may have in the past(you never said), but you don't train kickboxing and fitness. You go to the gym and do random shit before hitting the heavy bag for between 5-20 mins total and get sweaty. Even your heavy bag work doesn't make sense with 1 min intervals featuring pretty regularly and flow sessions for some reason.

It's your training and you can do what you want, but don't talk shit about other people who actually compete in sports or follow training programs and get upset when someone calls you on it. You are the only one who is actually talking shit about people on a personal level. I have only responded to you.

What was your benchpress number and experience at the time? I used the original Bill Starr 5x5 beginner program which was similar but worked up to a max 5RM across the 5 sets. Mine went up rapidly, but 1 hard set of 5 is easier than 5x5. I actually hit 1.3x bodyweight during that beginner period, but I had never benched before and was tiny. All my training prior to that had been kettlebell training and martial arts.

I honestly have no idea. This was 2008. I just remember it didn't move much at all. My squat went from 225 to 325 that summer. If I had to guess, I'd say my bench was probably around 180 or so. A few months later I joined a "hardcore" type gym, got my bench up to teh 275 and retired since I had reached the limit of natty human potential.

Go back through your posts and find where I have ever talked shit about how you look. I have only ever called you out on the fact that you were in this thread calling people fat and unfit. You said you were fat and carrying too much weight, not me. The closest would be when I said you seem to have an issue with food consumption when you said you felt like you were too full to train for 3 sessions in a row.

I then talked about your training when you said that Starting Strength was extremely low volume and easy, whilst barely doing any more volume with 10 different exercises.When your training was broken down, you did a single actual workset at a random 7RM, every other session was some random max out of multiple different exercises.

You count 15-20 mins of bag work as some crazy unachievable cardio, when it usually forms a 5th of most stand up sessions.

You don't train anymore dude, you may have in the past(you never said), but you don't train kickboxing and fitness. You go to the gym and do random shit before hitting the heavy bag for between 5-20 mins total and get sweaty. Even your heavy bag work doesn't make sense with 1 min intervals featuring pretty regularly and flow sessions for some reason.

It's your training and you can do what you want, but don't talk shit about other people who actually compete in sports or follow training programs and get upset when someone calls you on it. You are the only one who is actually talking shit about people on a personal level. I have only responded to you.

you seem invested. Chill.

I honestly have no idea. This was 2008. I just remember it didn't move much at all. My squat went from 225 to 325 that summer. If I had to guess, I'd say my bench was probably around 180 or so. A few months later I joined a "hardcore" type gym, got my bench up to teh 275 and retired since I had reached the limit of natty human potential.
What were you weighing at the time? I still stand by a bodyweight bench being achievable during that first phase of training. That squat improvement would make me think you didn't regularly squat but that pretty common with linear progression after swapping from the old school "leg day".

It's more out of curiosity to be honest.

you seem invested. Chill.
Just calling it as I see it. It doesn't really matter either way. It's 30 seconds of my time to write the post dude. I am eating breakfast and watching youtube as I write it.

I am a very straight up person both in real life and on the internet. Everything I say to a person is something I would say in real life. Every training post you make is how you are unhappy with something whether it's your body image, sleep, diet or training volume. Why would you continue to do the same thing over and over again and have the same shitty results?

What were you weighing at the time? I still stand by a bodyweight bench being achievable during that first phase of training. That squat improvement would make me think you didn't regularly squat but that pretty common with linear progression after swapping from the old school "leg day".

It's more out of curiosity to be honest.

That was my first time training consistently with any kind of plan. I had "gone to the gym" off and on since my senior year of high school doing 3 sets of 8 of random shit. Then I played rugby in college and lifted on those odd times when my shoulder didn't feel like it was about to fall off. I found the old S&P when I was in law school and did a 2-day per week plan from the FAQ which fit my schedule of MMA and studying until I died. Then the summer I took the bar I did Stronglifts, which was my first time squatting with any consistency and really my first time doing barbell lifts with any kind of focus. I was probably around 220 at the start and put on about 10 pounds while I was doing it. By the time I hit the 275 bench I was probably 250. Those are rough estimates from 15+ years ago.

That was my first time training consistently with any kind of plan. I had "gone to the gym" off and on since my senior year of high school doing 3 sets of 8 of random shit. Then I played rugby in college and lifted on those odd times when my shoulder didn't feel like it was about to fall off. I found the old S&P when I was in law school and did a 2-day per week plan from the FAQ which fit my schedule of MMA and studying until I died. Then the summer I took the bar I did Stronglifts, which was my first time squatting with any consistency and really my first time doing barbell lifts with any kind of focus. I was probably around 220 at the start and put on about 10 pounds while I was doing it. By the time I hit the 275 bench I was probably 250. Those are rough estimates from 15+ years ago.
The ultimate Sherdogger, 250lbs and the 275lbs bench haha. 180 for 5x5 probably puts you just under that bodyweight number for a true 1RM at 220 and you got there pretty quick after with specific programming, so not far off. Always interesting to here how these programs work.

Back