What is this building?

Right on, appreciate it. Huaguang Leizang temple looks nice.

No I am in Vancouver Canada and the place is in East Hastings.

The Chinese are similar to my people in a sense that they live with their parents and in fact are encouraged to live with parents, save money and buy a business or property or lands. Our parents literally talk us in to staying with them rent free to save money. None of this "your 18, your out of the house" crap. Karo Parisyan mentioned this to be the case for Armenians.

That being said, Chinese have a very solid support system, great at investment and they have a solid support system in terms of their benevolent societies being social gathering for women, children and men in spirit of bonding and uniting their skills.

Cool thing is, if you can speak their language or immerse yourself in to their culture, they can be very welcoming and inclusive. They went through a lot with the Chinese Exclusion Act + in Canada, they had to also pay a head tax which was not the case in US.

I'm not talking about the Chinese people, it's not necessary the problem as thats a culture, it's the CCP...... And this bizarre blending of Capitalism and Communism and it's not the best aspects, they lie, cheat, steal and all companies are under the control of the party. There's absolutely nothing noble in that.

They've got a Belt and Road Initiative because those pieces of shit can't control the sea.

For almost a decade, I noticed this building and I assumed it was just a monastery but today I noticed an open sign which is written in English on the green plate. I have no idea what the writing means, if anyone knows it please let me know. Thank you so much!

View attachment 1037739

If it said open, why didn't you go in and ask sir?

For almost a decade, I noticed this building and I assumed it was just a monastery but today I noticed an open sign which is written in English on the green plate. I have no idea what the writing means, if anyone knows it please let me know. Thank you so much!

View attachment 1037739
The last character says temple. Based on that, I will guess it's a temple.

I'm not talking about the Chinese people, it's not necessary the problem as thats a culture, it's the CCP...... And this bizarre blending of Capitalism and Communism and it's not the best aspects, they lie, cheat, steal and all companies are under the control of the party. There's absolutely nothing noble in that.

They've got a Belt and Road Initiative because those pieces of shit can't control the sea.

That I agree with you. I thought you meant the people who are pretty good at business and were able to rise above their economical positions. But yeah CCP is a whole different story and yeah its pretty grim.

If it said open, why didn't you go in and ask sir?

I did not have my Cologne with me to look respectable.

That I agree with you. I thought you meant the people who are pretty good at business and were able to rise above their economical positions. But yeah CCP is a whole different story and yeah its pretty grim.

I did not have my Cologne with me to look respectable.

You had your answer and let it slip away sir 😔

No joke, East Hasting is a rough dingy area. I legit have to make sure I smell well otherwise they would think I am another vagrant trying to cause trouble.

Your logic is less than so.
If something says open ..its open.

Unless you're dressed in nothing, I imagine you can walk in.
You were 2 feet away big guy.

It was a snapshot.

No but Canadian panda express is called Manchu Wok.

There is a gate and I tried to get in but the gate will not allow me to enter.

Its in east hastings street. Our Chinatown is not like San Francisco, its in a bad shape.
View attachment 1037756
I hate to break it to you but San Francisco is indeed in absolute terrible shape.

Your logic is less than so.
If something says open ..its open.

Unless you're dressed in nothing, I imagine you can walk in.
You were 2 feet away big guy.

There is a buzzer and you have to buzz it in but I felt like I would not make a good impression to get a warm reception.

I hate to break it to you but San Francisco is indeed in absolute terrible shape.

I heard that the Mayor was cleaning it up because the CCP leader was going to visit and so they cleaned it up.

I put it in half ass Russian picture translator. It's something Hua Lei temple.

I then translated the words through google and it became Huaguang Leizang Temple
I'm pretty sure guanglei has to do with the buddhist stuff
lightning imagery is very important in tibetan buddhism especially in reference to awakening through medition or practice

guang is like light and lei is lightning
honestly it looks interesting

There is a buzzer and you have to buzz it in but I felt like I would not make a good impression to get a warm reception.

I heard that the Mayor was cleaning it up because the CCP leader was going to visit and so they cleaned it up.

Your vibe makes the good impression sir.

The character on the far right might be temple, but I might not be able to read that. One of the characters near the left might be light.

Hahaha. The Psychiatrist says replace the punched holes in the air with laughter when you misconstrue (how do you spell misconstrue?), I got excited and thought this was a fucking Tom Waits thread. ...well, I wasn't wrong, just premature.

View attachment 1037739
DeepL translator says "Hwagwang Reizo Monastery".

Hahaha. The Psychiatrist says replace the punched holes in the air with laughter when you misconstrue (how do you spell misconstrue?), I got excited and thought this was a fucking Tom Waits thread. ...well, I wasn't wrong, just premature.
Hey are you the mod that makes super long threads of drunk posts?

Mark Kwan's House of a Thousand Stabs and Miss Quidoh'd Arts.

Right on, appreciate it. Huaguang Leizang temple looks nice.

No I am in Vancouver Canada and the place is in East Hastings.

The Chinese are similar to my people in a sense that they live with their parents and in fact are encouraged to live with parents, save money and buy a business or property or lands. Our parents literally talk us in to staying with them rent free to save money. None of this "your 18, your out of the house" crap. Karo Parisyan mentioned this to be the case for Armenians.

That being said, Chinese have a very solid support system, great at investment and they have a solid support system in terms of their benevolent societies being social gathering for women, children and men in spirit of bonding and uniting their skills.

Cool thing is, if you can speak their language or immerse yourself in to their culture, they can be very welcoming and inclusive. They went through a lot with the Chinese Exclusion Act + in Canada, they had to also pay a head tax which was not the case in US.
What you describe is accurate re:family values and it is prevalent amongst other varieties of immigrants. I greatly respect that and it plays really well in the multiculti system, where typically the prevalent non immigrant people have shit family values and don't GAF about their children. The Asians, Indians, Persians and Levantines end up with a head start because they got a fuckton of support from their families and community.

Back