• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the best type of sandwich?

Hot - I have a hard time deciding between Po'Boy, Pulled Pork, and this. So I chose friend chicken on a roll..

Fried Chicken sandwhich

FriedChicken.jpeg

Cold - So many to choose from. I like the proscuitto style. I like pastrami. I also enjoy a good club. But the one I like the most and is a bit different is the Thanksgiving one. Turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, sprouts, etc. On a good fresh bread.

zwNCdb52Ro6Tb4I53Ob1N735W7ugMqfMZIyXVXDQgkbUOTpoefpJoJoBNcUNl7hvHDJj0Vk7-BrXKqKJlXbRTxFrRA6Td6KItgLztfg=w600-l68

The one I'm eating at the moment. Sammys are life.

I'll go with the tripleta.
Tripleta.jpg

Think marinated and grilled cube steak (the cut used for country fried steak), ham and pork (lechon). Put all that inside a loaf of fresh, soft Cuban bread and top it with swiss cheese, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, onions and potato sticks. You can eat it like that or you can decide to grill the bread once the sandwich is assembled. Sounds magnificent, right? Yummm.

Last edited:
Meatloaf sandwich. Slices of leftover meatloaf on good bread with cheese and bbq sauce or catsup, sliced onion and maybe, just maybe some lettuce.

If you're really looking to up the game throw on a lightly fried egg.....

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:
My brother inlaw makes a pulled BBQ pulled pork brisket burnt end sandwich that's killer.

But a side question, are hamburgers considered sandwichs, or are they in a completely separate class?

My brother inlaw makes a pulled BBQ pulled pork brisket burnt end sandwich that's killer.

But a side question, are hamburgers considered sandwichs, or are they in a completely separate class?

I think they USED to be called "hamburger sandwiches" and got shortened to hamburger. Because "hamburger" the word just refers to ground meat.

This is all I could glean from my 9 year old memory when I watched a short documentary on the subject at McDonalds when I went there with my troop as a cubscout. They wheeled out a big tv/vcr and had us watch that. It was probably a vid from part of the employee training. Who knows.

Disclaimer: am not a legal hamburger surgeon

do americans even know what dark bread is?
tallinn-estonia-estland-art-priori-leib-oko-noa-orm-oja-new-nordic-resto-restaurant-review-food-foodie-eat-eating-dine-dining-best-tips-guide-travel-7-2015.jpg

white bread has nothing on it

Been to Latvia?

They do Black bread rubbed with raw garlic and then fried. Usually some kind of dipping sauce like in your picture.

Fucking amazing.

What am I reading. If a sandwich has more than cheese and bread it's not a grilled cheese, it's a fucking melt!
You can call it whatever you want, you wouldn't be wrong. You can call a grilled cheese a melt. It's the same dam thing.

do americans even know what dark bread is?
tallinn-estonia-estland-art-priori-leib-oko-noa-orm-oja-new-nordic-resto-restaurant-review-food-foodie-eat-eating-dine-dining-best-tips-guide-travel-7-2015.jpg

white bread has nothing on it
Our regular grocery store bread is just garbage. I mean absolute garbage. Though there are some good bakeries where I'm from that make decent bread. Damn sugar in everything here.

The one I'm eating at the moment. Sammys are life.

I'll go with the tripleta.
Tripleta.jpg

Think marinated and grilled cube steak (the cut used for country fried steak), ham and pork (lechon). Put all that inside a loaf of fresh, soft Cuban bread and top it with swiss cheese, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, onions and potato sticks. You can eat it like that or you can decide to grill the bread once the sandwich is assembled. Sounds magnificent, right? Yummm.
THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!

Stuck at work so I want to start another heated debate. What is the best type of sandwich? Italian? Reuben? Club? Meatball? Hero? I have to go with Italian. Variety of meats and cheeses with a nice crunchy bread and oil and vinegar. That's my pick.

View attachment 325105

Philly cheese steak

Fried chicken sandwich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back