what is happenning with erberth santos?

mysteriousnwza

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This isnt a bash thread, i dont like a lot of his antics in fights, but i think that he is a great bjj fighter, however in the last time he isnt doing well, in europeans failed the weight and then was submitted in one of his first fights, and then yesterday in the acb jj 10 he was winning by a great margin against wardzinski but when adam started to change the tide, he tapped when was mounted, and i think it isnt the first time that he ''pull the switch off'' when in a bad position, do you think guys that the problem is psychological like braulio and drysdale were saying? or could be another thing? overtraining?

Definitely something weird about this. I think I've already saw him tap to position not long ago, and now this. Can't remember ever seeing it at this level of competition and most of all, from a guy who was (and supposedly still is) head to head with all the tops.

Maybe some neck injury?

Pretty weak tap for someone trying to protect an injury. Very weird behavior.

Definitely something weird about this. I think I've already saw him tap to position not long ago, and now this. Can't remember ever seeing it at this level of competition and most of all, from a guy who was (and supposedly still is) head to head with all the tops.

Maybe some neck injury?
thats exactly my point, i also dont remember seen something like this at this level of competition.

Must be an injury, you don’t get to be that elite by having a weak mind...

Must be an injury, you don’t get to be that elite by having a weak mind...

Not exactly true, think of all the elite athletes who are total headcases in the NFL, boxing, etc.

Not exactly true, think of all the elite athletes who are total headcases in the NFL, boxing, etc.

It depends what you mean by headcsse, the thing is, you don’t get to that level by breaking, Bjj is no different than other sports, at some level, technique is not the determine factor, but mental strength. You can get really far based on skills and athletic ability, you don’t yet to be elite by breaking easy though

It depends what you mean by headcsse, the thing is, you don’t get to that level by breaking, Bjj is no different than other sports, at some level, technique is not the determine factor, but mental strength. You can get really far based on skills and athletic ability, you don’t yet to be elite by breaking easy though

It happens to professionals all the time.

Pinkston was being paid millions to make that catch and broke. Why can't an athlete from a much smaller athletic pool with less invested in the sport, not break?

It happens to professionals all the time.

Pinkston was being paid millions to make that catch and broke. Why can't an athlete from a much smaller athletic pool with less invested in the sport, not break?

nothing worse than pro football announcers acting nonplussed and disgusted when a player messes up. they sound like right wing talk radio hosts ranting about obama. "oh my god...you CANNOT do that in the National Football League..."

Art Jimmerson tapped due to Mount too, no shame, he got free tickets to UFC 100.

If Erberth wasn't injured, that tap would have been ultra weak. The fight was a draw at that point (Erberth had won the first round).

nothing worse than pro football announcers acting nonplussed and disgusted when a player messes up. they sound like right wing talk radio hosts ranting about obama. "oh my god...you CANNOT do that in the National Football League..."

Well, it's true; if you want to win at that level, you indeed 'can't do that'.

Incidentally you should reflect on your partisan mania, it appears to be leaking into other inappropriate or unrelated areas of your life.

Last edited:
I hope all is ok. I got to meet him and talk at worlds last year. Been a fan ever since

Well, it's true; if you want to win at that level, you 'can't do that'.

Incidentally you should reflect on your partisan mania, it appears to be leaking into other inappropriate or unrelated areas of your life.

sure, but its more about that forced apoplectic tone nfl announcers (and cranky talk radio hosts for that matter) love to adopt whenever a player misses a tackle or drops a pass. as if candy-ass joe theismann never screwed up when he was playing.

Last edited:
Back