What is core muscle to you?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Well, when i was growing up and in high school, we didn't have cross fit around or anything like that, and I don't really think that the whole 'working out' and 'exercise' thing is such a big thing like it is now anyways.

There was a athletic coach invited over in one of the wrestling camps, I think, and he was talking about core muscles, and that was like the first time ever that I heard of core muscles, but now I guess with the whole trend/fad of different set of work outs out there, there's greater emphasis on core muscles, but I am still really confused because when you googled it, you don't really get the same thing on what core muscles are...

CoreMuscle is like hardcore bands with strong buff musicians, they like..do muscle core...or core muscle if you prefer....think Black Flag for example

The circumference of your torso below the chest.

Isn’t your core anything that isn’t arms legs or head?

i think the butt is underrated when people think about core training.

start doing hip trusts frequently and you will notice how the butt is important for you to have a good posture or just stand up

The Denver Broncos just hired him. As a sports scientist, I respect this guys work

Muscles that support the spine.

That includes everything in your mid section.

Pelvic floor.

That's why I do so many kegels.

The Denver Broncos just hired him. As a sports scientist, I respect this guys work

Looks good,

he talks about flat backs, etc, what's your take on that? My understanding is you just wanna have more of neutral alignment of your hip tilts, but perhaps it 's to be exaggerated when doing core exercises?

Core muscle is the ability of the spine to resist deflection for the purpose of power transmission through a kinetic chain.

Really good vid actually, thanks!

Looks good,

he talks about flat backs, etc, what's your take on that? My understanding is you just wanna have more of neutral alignment of your hip tilts, but perhaps it 's to be exaggerated when doing core exercises?
Well it depends on the exercise. He is emphasizing a "flat lower back" or posterior tilt of the pelvis because most of these exercises are anti extension. Cueing posterior tilt helps activate the glutes and also hold a neutral position because most people tend to go into extension immediately.

I am starting to think it is everything that attaches to your core, this includes your legs.

Core muscles is everything for me. It helps with taking punches to the body. If your ever in a fight and your a fat blob and the guy knows how to punch real good, he will hurt you with body shots. And then they will put an arrow through your eye (slade Wilson voice).

Back