Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread

However, there's a big difference between liberals and people unable/unwilling to define what a woman is lol. These types of lunatics have always existed and worked on countless games, movies, shows etc... but they've never been as influential as they are today and in recent history.

This is why i take most opinions on this matter in a non-serious manner. For your emulating their bigotry with your own. Becomes a race of who can hit rock bottom in their surface level ideology the fastest.

They really don't like Asmond talking about this. My guess is because he gets the most views and is getting an accurate timeline of events out to any who watch.

He actually had a remarkably reasonable take, and now he's getting shit from journalist websites and prominent members of said websites for it.
In this video he states that he actually doesn't have an issue with putting a political message in your video game. He observes that the reason a lot of gamers are not accepting these kinds of activities from western developers is because western developers are not earnest in their professed political/moral stance. He cites the difference between Square Enix and Blizzard Entertainment in how they handled pushback against more progressive characters in their games.

lol @ "bigotry", people never cease to bewilder me.

Youve taken this situation as a opportunity to label every left leaning person with an irrational stigma. No different than the other spectrum making their idiotic proclamations towards gamers.

So yes, both of you are acting with bigotry intent.

Youve taken this situation as a opportunity to label every left leaning person with an irrational stigma. No different than the other spectrum making their idiotic proclamations towards gamers.

So yes, both of you are acting with bigotry intent.
That is total bullshit.

I made a clear distinction between "left leaning" and the scumbags/lunatics I'm referencing.

"Entertainment has been predominantly left leaning in the west for a long time. However, there's a big difference between liberals and people unable/unwilling to define what a woman is lol. These types of lunatics have always existed and worked on countless games, movies, shows etc... but they've never been as influential as they are today and in recent history.

That appears to be thanks to ESG funding requiring a certain amount of DEI, where consultant teams like SBI come in. It helps explain why so much western entertainment since the late 2010's have been littered with lazy/forced identity politics over storytelling/character development. Companies like SBI are just a symptom, but I'm glad they are getting called out. The market is speaking loudly anyway, Hollywood/gaming flops galore, no one wants that shit.

This is why I love CDPR's writing team in Cyberpunk, and the team at Larian. Both have plenty of diversity/inclusion but it's never at the expense of their vision. They take me back to the late 2000's/early 2010's, with RPG's like Mass Effect, Dragon Age and New Vegas"

I can't see how it's not perfectly clear that I'm fondly reflecting on those left leaning times, while calling out the racist/woke garbage groups like SBI bring to the table.

You are either an idiot or a bad faith actor.

we're not far from stated mandated DEI departments anyways, SBI didnt need to try and tuck this under the rug

this be like when Warner(?) self canceled their own diverse batgirl film, when actually, the fans wanted it released

Last edited:
They really don't like Asmond talking about this. My guess is because he gets the most views and is getting an accurate timeline of events out to any who watch.

You know the person he portrays himself to be online is a caricature, right?

You know the person he portrays himself to be online is a caricature, right?
It would make sense, since adopting a style is pretty common if you're interacting with large groups of people for extended periods of time. But they're pursuant to delivering a more entertaining style, not proclaiming positions they themselves don't hold. Critical Drinker uses caricature. So does Stephen Colbert. But they also closely hold their professed beliefs. I think most people adopt a style. I did public speaking for twelve years and an uncharitable or bad faith person could make the case that I was a caricature. However I was never dishonest, or claimed something publicly that I myself didn't believe.

we're not far from stated mandated DEI departments anyways, SBI didnt need to try and tuck this under the rug

this be like when Warner(?) self canceled their own diverse batgirl film, when actually, the fans wanted it released
I sure didn't see anyone disappointed it was cancelled

Accept he's not.

He used to stream on two different channels. Asmongold was the entertainment brand while Zackrawr was closer to his real world personality. Over the years he has taken multiple long periods away from streaming. For he found the Asmongold caricature taxing on his mental health.

Past few years he stopped this for his content is mainly focused around reacting to YouTube videos. Where prior it was commentary with gameplay.

He used to stream on two different channels. Asmongold was the entertainment brand while Zackrawr was closer to his real world personality. Over the years he has taken multiple long periods away from streaming. For he found the Asmongold caricature taxing on his mental health.

Past few years he stopped this for his content is mainly focused around reacting to YouTube videos. Where prior it was commentary with gameplay.

Exactly, he's been himself for years. He doesn't play a "caricature". He's streamed exclusively on his unmonetized Zackrawrr channel for a couple of years. Thrown away millions of dollars not streaming on his Asmongold channel. He's been open sharing about his mental health and anxiety that lead to him ditching his monetized channel. He was completely open an honest about his mom's illness and eventually her death. He's open now about his struggles taking care of his 74 year old father whenever he gets sick. He's open and honest about his own health issues. Guy even recently invited other streamers into his infamous dumpster of a house and let them film it which he was open in the past about his mom's struggles with being a hoarder. His house looked like a landfill. He's never shown any of his house outside of his attic he streams from until now.

Guy is about as real as a public figure internet personality can be. He's far from playing a "caricature".

Back