What is a UFC "Robbery" where you think the judges were actually right.

tonystpierre

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What is a robbery that you think either wasn't a robbery or was closer than people think.

I'm gonna go first with GSP vs Hendricks. That fight was actually extremely close when you look at the score cards and it literally could have went either way. I feel people think it was a robbery more do to the fact that Hendricks was his hardest fight and won his rounds more convincingly.
http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/7ff036c99621eb1c

GSP won 3 and 5 convincingly and Hendricks won 2 and 4 pretty convincingly (although 2 was very close but I gave it to Hendricks because he wobbled Georges)
It only came down to the first round where the stats were almost exactly even except GSP had a submission attempt so I honestly would either give the round to GSP or make it a Draw.

Name some fights you think were not really a robbery but others do.

What is a robbery that you think either wasn't a robbery or was closer than people think.

I'm gonna go first with GSP vs Hendricks. That fight was actually extremely close when you look at the score cards and it literally could have went either way. I feel people think it was a robbery more do to the fact that Hendricks was his hardest fight and won his rounds more convincingly.

GSP won 3 and 5 convincingly and Hendricks won 2 and 4 pretty convincingly (although 2 was very close but I gave it to Hendricks because he wobbled Georges)
It only came down to the first round where the stats were almost exactly even except GSP had a submission attempt so I honestly would either give the round to GSP or make it a Draw.

Condit 1, 4, 5

<209Bitch>

Also Machida did enough in the first fight against Shogun and as the defending champ. Of course things were settled quickly in the second fight. No need to get all pissy about the result

Nick Diaz fans claim robbery with Condit, but I think Condit won that fight quite easily and I've watched that fight 3 or more times. Condit 49 - 46 (4 rounds to 1) all day long. Not that hard to determine. Sticking and moving effectively is more relevant than moving forward, talking shit and getting pieced-up.

I agree with this pick as it literally could have gone either way. 2 & 4 Hendricks and 3 & 5 GSP without any arguement. Round 1 was razor thin and could have gone to either fighter. Those who claimed "Robbery" still cannot say how they scored it differently.

I do have to disagree with the statement Henricks won his rounds "more convincingly". Round 3 was the most lopsided round with GSP landing 31-15. Much wider margin then the 2nd (2 sig strikes & 4th 4 sig strikes difference)

Bisping over Hamill.

Watching it live, I thought it was a robbery (like most people). But after watching it again, I realized it was just our collective hatred for Bisping at the time that skewed public perception.

I had heard a lot about Aldo-Moraes cuz everyone loves Aldo, but he gave up that third round by only chasing in straight lines while he got outpunched while Marlon circled away. Also he didn't attack enough, and hardly followed up when he did.

So notoriously shitty scorer Dana White gave Aldo a title shot after losing and Moraes started an extreme tumble down the cards

Came here to say the same thing, but Condit actually knocked Georges down, something Juice Hendricks never did. GSP said that was his toughest fight to win.
There's always a difference between the hardest fight being the guy who came closest to winning the fight entirely or the guy who came closest to beating you. It's how I think of DJ's fights against Joe B and Dodson

I agree with this pick as it literally could have gone either way. 2 & 4 Hendricks and 3 & 5 GSP without any arguement. Round 1 was razor thin and could have gone to either fighter. Those who claimed "Robbery" still cannot say how they scored it differently.

I do have to disagree with the statement Henricks won his rounds "more convincingly". Round 3 was the most lopsided round with GSP landing 31-15. Much wider margin then the 2nd (2 sig strikes & 4th 4 sig strikes difference)
Fair Point, Maybe you actually are right to be honest. Hendricks won 2 and 4. Round 2 was actually very close rewatching it. Hendricks only did great in the first 2 minutes of the 2nd RD and the rest was GSP landing big Jabs and Headkicks. So on second thought he really only won one round convincingly which was R4. GSP won RD 1,3 and 5 and RD 3 and 5 were convincingly.

Bisping over Hamill.

Watching it live, I thought it was a robbery (like most people). But after watching it again, I realized it was just our collective hatred for Bisping at the time that skewed public perception.
Bisping didnt have any hatred until he got that decision though.Like that shit was his fault somehow.

Same w Machida and Shogun.

GSP Hendricks was close enough that either guy winning was not a robbery
Khabib vs Tibau:well if you gonna just hang back against the cage all night then dont cry when you dont win. Khabib at least was TRYING to do something.
Bisping vs Hamill: I aint watched this since it aired,and I thought Hamill won,but I didnt care that he didnt.
Condit vs Diaz: Easy to score Condit when I watched it. I thought he did a smart thing and that his cardio had to be on point to pull that off
Forrest vs Rampage: Def thought Forrest won. Rewatched it,and it was closer but still got Forrest winning.

There's always a difference between the hardest fight being the guy who came closest to winning the fight entirely or the guy who came closest to beating you. It's how I think of DJ's fights against Joe B and Dodson
I know what you mean. It's one shot one kill vs cumulative damage. That kick from Condit was brutal though. Hendricks hit like a MW of course.

Back