• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if all fights on main card of Fox 5 end in finishes?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What would your reaction be?

What if Nate becomes the first to sub a prime Benson?
Or Benson becomes the first to brutally KO Nate?

What if Shogun subs Gustafsson?
Or if Gustafsson becomes the first to brutally KO Shogun?

What if BJ becomes the first to submit Rory?!
Or Rory becomes the first to brutally KO Penn?!

Swick & Brown have all the potential to end in a finish though in my opinion, they both go all out and I'm really excited for this fight even though it hardly has too much relevance in the Welterweight division.

But seriously though, the top 3 fights in the Main Card are all durable guys who are incredibly hard to finish, they're all highly possible to go to a decision according to all their past fights against some really good competition.

If they all end up in finishes, excluding the Swick & Brown fight, what would your reaction be?!

What would your reaction be?

What if Nate becomes the first to sub a prime Benson?
Or Benson becomes the first to brutally KO Nate?

What if Shogun subs Gustafsson?

What if BJ becomes the first to submit Rory?!

Or Rory becomes the first to brutally KO Penn?!

The ones highlighted, i hope that happens.

i got my beer to celebrate, and i got my beer to drown my sorrows in case they lose. Either way i'm covered.

'murica!

The ones highlighted, i hope that happens.

i got my beer to celebrate, and i got my beer to drown my sorrows in case they lose. Either way i'm covered.

'murica!

I agree with all your picks 'cept the Shogun & Gustafsson fight.
I love Shogun, but I'd rather we have a new challenger in the LHW division to Jones.

But if Shogun comes out and brutally KO's Gustafsson or submits him in an impressive manner, then I'd be more than happy to watch him rematch Jones!

I personally think it's more likely that they will all go to decision.

Then the ppl who think if a fight goes to a decision automatically = most boring fight ever will be happy. I watched condit vs GSP with a kid who the whole time bashed decisions and actually said the fight sickest bc no one got finished.

Benson finishing Diaz would make me lose my shit.

A finish either way in the Shogun/Gus fight is gonna be a big deal, both are finishers though.

BJ could sub or KO Rory. His hands are certainly good enough. But a Rory TKO wouldn't surprise me. This is the one I'm the most on the fence about, but probably most likely to end in decision. If it is a decision, it's BJ with the fuck beat out of him at the end.

Brown submitting Swick would be my submission of the year if it was by anything other than strikes. Just cause it'd be so nonsensical. That'd be like Melvin Guillard winning by rear naked choke. Brown knocking out Swick would bum me out cause of his feel-good story. And I was on here defending Swick way back when everyone forgot that he was top 10 before the Hardy and Paulo fights with a 9-1 record. Swick and Kampmann had a title eliminator scheduled for UFC 103. Swick got hurt. Kampmann lost to Daley, Hardy beat Swick and was more marketable. But Swick was a DANGEROUS guy back when. He can knock out or submit Brown and it wouldn't surprise.

Benson finishing Diaz would make me lose my shit.

A finish either way in the Shogun/Gus fight is gonna be a big deal, both are finishers though.

BJ could sub or KO Rory. His hands are certainly good enough. But a Rory TKO wouldn't surprise me. This is the one I'm the most on the fence about, but probably most likely to end in decision. If it is a decision, it's BJ with the fuck beat out of him at the end.

Brown submitting Swick would be my submission of the year if it was by anything other than strikes. Just cause it'd be so nonsensical. That'd be like Melvin Guillard winning by rear naked choke. Brown knocking out Swick would bum me out cause of his feel-good story. And I was on here defending Swick way back when everyone forgot that he was top 10 before the Hardy and Paulo fights with a 9-1 record. Swick and Kampmann had a title eliminator scheduled for UFC 103. Swick got hurt. Kampmann lost to Daley, Hardy beat Swick and was more marketable. But Swick was a DANGEROUS guy back when. He can knock out or submit Brown and it wouldn't surprise.

Yeah it really sucks how Swick frequently got injured and the WW division became an entirely new beast during his absence, it's crazy how I can't think of how he could possibly compete w/ the current crop of the top 10 fighters in the division.

He was so prime back in the day, and he really did own up to his nickname, I just hope he beats Brown so he can continue to take a step forward and see if he could hang with the rest of the guys in the division.

Brown's a fun fighter to watch, but he'll never ever get above gatekeeper status, he's just in the UFC for the up and comers to test themselves & for all the other irrelevant fighters to fight with.

JBJ

tumblr_ll30dehhaf1qk1ihko1_500.gif

Last edited:
My reaction would be something like:

Oh my goodness gracious me! THIS IS A JOLLY GOOD CARD! Great to see some top notch finishes! Absolute dog's bollocks. I would have been proper cheesed off if they all went to decision. Lovely jubbly now i'm completely zonked so i better go for a bloody good nap.

My reaction would be: "Why didn't they air one or two more fights on Fox?"

I say this because you all know they wouldn't. The fights could end in a total of 10 minutes, but they will simply talk and analyze and advertise until the next fight.

It's no sweat for me since I'm in Canada and watching the prelims is no problem. Requiring FX must suck for US folk.

My reaction would be: "Why didn't they air one or two more fights on Fox?"

I say this because you all know they wouldn't. The fights could end in a total of 10 minutes, but they will simply talk and analyze and advertise until the next fight.

It's no sweat for me since I'm in Canada and watching the prelims is no problem. Requiring FX must suck for US folk.

FX is on like Basic cable.

I think the main event is going to a decision, but the others will probably end with a finish from someone.

Back