What HW do you think would be the biggest draw as the champ?

Overeem easily. Surprised this isn't the answer as its pretty clear. Giant comic book character looking dude who usually knocks people out spectacularly and is well spoken and articulate and is willing to promote himself.

Nobody else at HW even comes remotely close.

If Couture came back again again

Ubereem would be ideal for the ufc, but they had to go ahead with usada....:(

Alistair Overeem & Josh Barnett for sure. I'm surprised no one mentioned Barnett yet. He may not have a bodybuilder physique like Alistair but he's very intelligent and a huge nerd (He a huge Metal, Comics/Anime & Warhammer 40k fanboy as well as a vintage car fan apparently).

Barnett's essentially embodies the almost unheard of "Athletic Nerd" dude.

Alistair Overeem & Josh Barnett for sure. I'm surprised no one mentioned Barnett yet. He may not have a bodybuilder physique like Alistair but he's very intelligent and a huge nerd (He a huge Metal, Comics/Anime & Warhammer 40k fanboy as well as a vintage car fan apparently).

He's too much of a tryhard though, people can see through that shit easily.

p.s. I like Barnett, just saying.

Ubereem would have been good.

HW needs a monster to really draw, someone like Brock or Carwin. Someone that physically is a giant.

Overeem cant draw crap.

His fight with Brock Lesnar PPV numbers did 500k buys.

and dont forget, that was UBEREEM

It sucks to say but if that was the case Hobbie Lawler would be much more popular and much more of a draw. Guys like Hunt and Hobbie are perfect for us but they aren't really big "draws"

For HW I'd go with Overeem
I was about to say this. Ufc sucks at marketing. There is no reason why Robbie lawler shouldn't be at the very least averaging 400k per ppv. @OT. None of heavy weights can be huge stars ppv wise. But I suppose if overeem or Cain somehow tap into the Mexican and European market, then probably them.

Hunt is the only guy I can really think of... His walk away ko's and his "don't give a fuck" attitude seems perfect to get people interested in his fights. Plus every fight he's in its either a back and forth war or a quick ko.

Good question. I still think it's probably Cain but nobody in that division seems like a big draw atm.

Hw sucks and I dont really feel like anyone there is a huge draw.

I'll answer with brock lesnar.

HuntStory1.jpg

Super likable character, and the very definition of a JUST BLEED warrior who always comes to throw down like a beast.

Why is he likable? What about him do you like?

No. JDS has the personality of a piece of driftwood.
I just can't tell you how pathetic it is that we talk about personality in the sport of cage fighting. Would you rather he was loud and obnoxious?

I hate barnett. He might be smart but he just comes across as loving the sound of his own voice. He's really hard to listen to imo

I just can't tell you how pathetic it is that we talk about personality in the sport of cage fighting. Would you rather he was loud and obnoxious?
I am truly dumbfounded that people think that personality has no effect on how big a draw someone is.

It's like they live in a fantasy land.

show me proof that Roy Nelson would be a draw. Numbers on shows he's been on, anything. Go ahead.

Relatable figures have never been huge draws in MMA, nobody cares about watching someone they feel like they could be. People need to get over this nonsense.

the closest they came is chuck liddell, and even then, chuck liddell was a POWER PUNCHING SUPERHERO named THE ICEMAN, he's not exactly joe everyman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back