What has Happened to Steam?

Nimrod

Wistfull With A Fist-Full
@Silver
Reaction score
It used to be a good platform with constant releases, at least some decent games to choose from.

Especially this time of year.. but theres NOTHING.. last game I bought was back in Aug (Post Scriptum) which ultimately got refund because it was garbage.

Theres NOTHING out.. Fall out 76 is a rubbish mess
Black Out 4 is shite
BF Vagina is utter bullshit..

CSGO, Destiny 2, Pubg are all gonna getting played throughout crimbo... 2018 sucks for gamers... i think its the box ticking SJW's that are in charge of these AAA studios wrecking the landscape turning our golden land into a piece of Normee shit.

PS waiting for RDR2 on PC so don't go there..

It used to be a good platform with constant releases, at least some decent games to choose from.

Especially this time of year.. but theres NOTHING.. last game I bought was back in Aug (Post Scriptum) which ultimately got refund because it was garbage.

Black Out 4 is shite

CSGO, Destiny 2, Pubg are all gonna getting played throughout crimbo... 2018 sucks for gamers... i think its the box ticking SJW's that are in charge of these AAA studios wrecking the landscape turning our golden land into a piece of Normee shit.
A fist full of what?

Get rust dude, its the best game out imo

I have it.. played about 40 hrs.. i did really like it when it was first released.. but now its just a rush on most servers after the monthly wipe.. and I don't really like the gun play, if the gunplay was more solid/or felt better i would play it more.. i have friends who have thousands of hours on this.. i just can't see it ..

You're getting old.

I have it.. played about 40 hrs.. i did really like it when it was first released.. but now its just a rush on most servers after the monthly wipe.. and I don't really like the gun play, if the gunplay was more solid/or felt better i would play it more.. i have friends who have thousands of hours on this.. i just can't see it ..

Im surprised. I actually think the gunplay is better than any shooter currently out. I love the skill it takes.

Im over 1k hours on rust now

Im surprised. I actually think the gunplay is better than any shooter currently out. I love the skill it takes.

Im over 1k hours on rust now

It doesn't feel right to me, no feedback, terrible recoil thats doesn't have a pattern (like CSGO) most of all, theres no solidity to the feel of the character models..

What does not a lot of great games coming out have to do with steam? It's just a market place.

What does not a lot of great games coming out have to do with steam? It's just a market place.

Well it seems pretty bereft of titles as of late.. is it something to do with AAA studios buying out indie developers?

I have looked at my buying history and havn't purchased much at all this year.. 15 years on steam 300+ titles in libary totalling nearly £4000 .. so it not as if im just a casual..

This is a problem for the future of Steam maybe?

PC gaming has a lot of inherant problems that all but the most strident gamers have gotten fed up with.

It has several problems on the multiplayer front:

1) Cheating/hacks are rampant in almost every game. This alone is enough to turn off most people from the platform.

2) There is no equipment parity. You have people playing on potato PC's barely able to hit 30-40 fps versus or alongside people using high end quantum computers with triple wide FOV and running 120+ fps. This causes all sorts of problems especially if a game is poorly coded and has like physics tied to framerate so when the game is running at a higher fps the guns actually shoot faster than for those running at a lower fps.

3) In many genres especially fps people who want to use a controller and chill on their couch gaming instead of being hunched over a desk getting bad back staring at a pc monitor which most of adults do for 8 hours at work and have no desire to when they come home.

4) Limited multiplayer pools due to all of the above ^ I used to love multiplayer gaming on Xbox 360, every game had tons of players, everybody running the same hardware and 98% of people using standard controllers. I switched to PC 2013 because I hated the specs on XB1 and PS4 and its only been good for single player gaming. Multiplayer has been a joke due to the games being either dead or rampant with cheaters.

Black Out 4 is shite

Why are you blaming Steam for other companies putting out steaming piles of trash?

Plenty of games on steam, plenty of sales on steam and a HUGE backlog of games still worth playing. If their aren't games that appeal to you right now that isn't streams fault...

What the FUCK does anything of that have to do with Steam or Valve, most of the games you listed are not even sold on steam only their publishers platform.

PC gaming has a lot of inherant problems that all but the most strident gamers have gotten fed up with.

1) Cheating/hacks are rampant in almost every game. This alone is enough to turn off most people from the platform.

2) There is no equipment parity. You have people playing on potato PC's barely able to hit 30-40 fps versus or alongside people using high end quantum computers with triple wide FOV and running 120+ fps. This causes all sorts of problems especially if a game is poorly coded and has like physics tied to framerate so when the game is running at a higher fps the guns actually shoot faster than for those running at a lower fps.

3) In many genres especially fps people who want to use a controller and chill on their couch gaming instead of being hunched over a desk getting bad back staring at a pc monitor which most of adults do for 8 hours at work and have no desire to when they come home.

4) Limited multiplayer pools due to all of the above ^ I used to love multiplayer gaming on Xbox 360, every game had tons of players, everybody running the same hardware and 98% of people using standard controllers. I switched to PC 2013 because I hated the specs on XB1 and PS4 and its only been good for single player gaming. Multiplayer has been a joke due to the games being either dead or rampant with cheaters.

Get good instead of blaming hackers chump change

It's not a Steam/PC problem. AAA Publishers and developers are churning out trash and consumers eat it up.

<{poor?}>

I have both... PC games are still better. Performance, graphics, better players, no foul mouth kiddies jamming up chat.

Still love my console though.... Some game are better on consoles, I'll give you that

Soo.. why not

HF6X.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back