What happened to the vcash/bookie?

Yes, that was a lot of time and work in the bin. I demand the vcash back.

Should have been up a little over 400 yesterday instead I lost around 800. Pretty small numbers compared to some but I'd like my vcash back.

I want my vCash baaaack (in Rampage voice)

But seriously, I know its just a game and its not real money yet its stupid to do this because I don't believe all data must be erased because of that reset, people should get their vCash back.

And its especially bad for unhealthy and other people who put a lot of time in making these threads for us to bet. Yeah its a just a game but if they gonna reset it all the time nobody will play it. Will resets be yearly now? Anybody has any info?

Also I had like more than 7k, I dropped most of it on Condit and Condit ITD and Fight not going to distance so I should be rolling in vCash now

Last edited:
So would everyone else. Kind of pointless to play vbookie if they are just gonna reset it.

I (and many others) have put in tons of time and work on vbookie. From making threads and running contests, to answering newcomers questions. We spent a year amassing our vcash, now it is all wiped out to clean up a few glitches.

It makes no sense to not allow us to have our money returned, especially when 2 mods, Jester and Lethal, are willing and capable of doing so. That is why they are vbookie mods, they could handle this smoothly.

As a paying and contributing member of this site, I will not be renewing my membership if something doesn't change.

Would be nice to at least hear a reason why we cannot be reimbursed. Feels like I just got vRaped.

Heres my thought...

If this game was important enough to incorporate on sherdog as a seperate subforum to inject some life into the sherdog universe and bring some new members from "other" sites (which it did) then theres no need to question why people are upset. This is a game but its addicting and consuming. Fuck its what made Jester a mod and gained him the respect of the admin. So he dedicated timeless hours to this "game" to HELP sherdog for free. This reset is a slap in his face and sherdog will lose alot of business because the vjunkies loved the competition and brotherhood. This sours many though.

Thanks Obama.

I don't think the reset will hurt too bad unless this is something they plan on doing every year. If this will be a once a year thing, this will kill vBookie IMO

+1 for these guys. Nailed it.

A refund is the reasonable thing to do once glitches come back.

now the glitch is pretty fucking "meh" huh? like "give us back our moneys and records!" meh....

So the new VBookie threads are all fucked up.

now the glitch is pretty fucking "meh" huh? like "give us back our moneys and records!" meh....

Personally, I don't care about the leaderboard not being semi-accurate anymore, it was messed up anyway, but you could still tell who had won what. I just want the money I spent a year earning and maintaining. I've been looking forward to betting on NFL for several months and now that it's here I've went from $500,000 to $500 (not to mention the 100k I should have won on Condit.)

It's gonna be real hard to get interested in starting over.

For me, it like playing a video game for a long time, getting real far in it, having one of the highest scores, then it just gets erased and I'm back to scratch.

Bottom line, the vbookie moderators should be allowed to handle this, not someone(admin) who it doesn't affect.

I made 450 as a result, so it worked out well for me.

In all seriousness though, people have paid to be plats for this. They're not likely to stay plats when this sort of thing happens. Maybe giving some notice would have been a wise move?

Bottom line, the vbookie moderators should be allowed to handle this, not someone(admin) who it doesn't affect.

I`m not sure how it works here but I would be very surprised if mods have direct access to the database itself; there is probably some interface they use to affect the data and it is probably fairly limited in scope

So really the only way to change things back to exactly the way they were before would be for a SYSTEM admin to restore a database backup of the database which contained the vCash info to a different database instance than the live one here, and then an admin could probably update the current database with the vCash column from the restored backup. That`s assuming that 1) There is a regular .bak that even has that. 2) Any of the Sherdog admins even have sys admin rights (at my company we have that role contracted out so even though I am a DBA I don`t have sys admin rights) 3) That anyone feels like doing all that.

All I`m saying is, as a developer who deals with this sort of stuff on a regular basis I have to say restoring old data in a database is a lot harder than people think. Probably much easier to use the honesty policy and ask people what they had before and update things that way.

Also, why was everyone put back to 500 originally? Was it a bad query that someone made (ie a mistake) or was it intentional and for a reason?

I`m not sure how it works here but I would be very surprised if mods have direct access to the database itself; there is probably some interface they use to affect the data and it is probably fairly limited in scope

So really the only way to change things back to exactly the way they were before would be for a SYSTEM admin to restore a database backup of the database which contained the vCash info to a different database instance than the live one here, and then an admin could probably update the current database with the vCash column from the restored backup. That`s assuming that 1) There is a regular .bak that even has that. 2) Any of the Sherdog admins even have sys admin rights (at my company we have that role contracted out so even though I am a DBA I don`t have sys admin rights) 3) That anyone feels like doing all that.

All I`m saying is, as a developer who deals with this sort of stuff on a regular basis I have to say restoring old data in a database is a lot harder than people think. Probably much easier to use the honesty policy and ask people what they had before and update things that way.

Also, why was everyone put back to 500 originally? Was it a bad query that someone made (ie a mistake) or was it intentional and for a reason?

Everyone was reset to 500 in order to remove some of the glitches on the vBookie home page, as well as to remove some of the illegitimate earnings that were on the bets statistics page.

Right now, the issue isn't regarding the reset itself, it has more to do with the lack reimbursement threads. It wouldn't be necessary for an Admin to go into the database and restore each poster's vCash individually. All that would have to be done is for Jester, Tachy, and myself to work on making payment threads to give back what was lost. We're just trying to get approval from the administrators.

very disappointed because i went all in & out on last night's fights, and i was hitting them left and right!
after going all-in.

5450 on trujillo: won 5000
3870 on cummings: won 3000
3720 on high : won 3720
5000 on elkins : won 5750
3000 on mcgee : won 3840
got me up to 42350, so i threw 30k on condit win and 12k on condit itd.

bet 15000 on condit-cerrone-gastelum: lost thanks to cerrone
bet 15400 on cerrone: lost
bet 23300 on condit to win: won 10000
bet 3500 on condit via t/ko: won 5075
bet 2800 on condit via sub : lost
bet 100 on nbk/hitman total rds: lost
bet 100 on total main card rd: won 7500
the later 30k & 12k bets wouldve won me over 31k.

thats about 130k total, not counting 30~50k i had on baseball games (was going to bet all the winnings on condit also).

So there's no reason to even play this. A yearly reset? What the fuck is the fun in that?
I'm off work a whole week with pneumonia and was gonna excessively vbookie it up. :(.
And just to be clear. We ARE NOT getting our v$ back correct?

Everyone was reset to 500 in order to remove some of the glitches on the vBookie home page, as well as to remove some of the illegitimate earnings that were on the bets statistics page.

Right now, the issue isn't regarding the reset itself, it has more to do with the lack reimbursement threads. It wouldn't be necessary for an Admin to go into the database and restore each poster's vCash individually. All that would have to be done is for Jester, Tachy, and myself to work on making payment threads to give back what was lost. We're just trying to get approval from the administrators.

Right on. I figured the majority of posters wouldn`t even care. I`m just glad I`m up to 500 again..I mean it really sucks that I`m down to 500 again:)

So would everyone else. Kind of pointless to play vbookie if they are just gonna reset it.

I (and many others) have put in tons of time and work on vbookie. From making threads and running contests, to answering newcomers questions. We spent a year amassing our vcash, now it is all wiped out to clean up a few glitches.

It makes no sense to not allow us to have our money returned, especially when 2 mods, Jester and Lethal, are willing and capable of doing so. That is why they are vbookie mods, they could handle this smoothly.

As a paying and contributing member of this site, I will not be renewing my membership if something doesn't change.

With all due respect Sir. never heard of you, im sorry for your lost btw, but a question ponders in my head since last night...

If you left to never come back, how many of the 500 000+ members would actually still be grieving after a day or two?

Dont take the threats venue, it shows an incredible lack of maturity.

You could be wise and ponder on that for a bit, or whine some more about losing the virtual cash.

Thank you for the work you're granting us with on your freetime, but you dont seem to be complaining about that bit, it comes down to money, virtual money that was never yours/nor real to begin with.

Last edited:
With all due respect Sir. never heard of you, im sorry for your lost btw, but a question ponders in my head since last night...

If you left to never come back, how many of the 500 000+ members would actually still be grieving after a day or two?

Dont take the threats venue, it shows an incredible lack of maturity.

You could be wise and ponder on that for a bit, or whine some more about losing the virtual cash.

Thank you for the work you're granting us with on your freetime, but you dont seem to be complaining about that bit, it comes down to money, virtual money that was never yours/nor real to begin with.

I'm the guy who makes the betting threads for every fight the UFC has, including tons of prop bets, which I make sure are paid out promptly and accurately. I also run the tapology vbookie contests.

I'm also the guy who has won the most money of everyone on the site and was atop the leaderboard for several months, not that any of that matters.

I'm not threatening to leave, I'm saying I'm not gonna pay to be able to post the threads if everyone's money will be wiped out with no notice or warning.

The virtual money, while not real was in fact mine, I earned it by winning bets.

I'm the guy who makes the betting threads for every fight the UFC has, including tons of prop bets, which I make sure are paid out promptly and accurately. I also run the tapology vbookie contests.

I'm also the guy who has won the most money of everyone on the site and was atop the leaderboard for several months, not that any of that matters.

I'm not threatening to leave, I'm saying I'm not gonna pay to be able to post the threads if everyone's money will be wiped out with no notice or warning.

The virtual money, while not real was in fact mine, I earned it by winning bets.

The initial 500 vcash money you were playing with was never yours, you forked out fuck all sorry.

And as i was saying prior, thanks indeed for all your contributions, much appreciated Sir!

Back