What happened to that dude who fought EXACTLY like Jones but at MW on the contender series?

Megatun

Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I think his name is Bevon Lewis and in his contender fight he practically mimmicked Jones, the forward leaning stance and Thai/ wrestling style.

Found a vid of his post fight interview but haven't heard anything since?

He's probably taking some time off in-between fights. He's not that active.

Been following him for a bit, excited for what the future holds for him. He outwrestled Sonny Yohn in his 3rd fight, who's like a 2x NCAA All American, I think, so he's a beast for sure.

Dana White told him to go to the UFC PI and start receiving special treatment/training because he was a special prospect with huge potential, if im not mistaken. Haven't heard his name since.

Hopefully training hard... When Dana says you are the next fighter. It doesn't always work out. Phillip Novar Cough... Cough...

Hopefully he doesn't emulate Bones out of the cage behavior.

Was he poking eyeballs too?

I was wondering about him a few weeks back. He certainly has potential but after seeing this interview last year it just doesn't seem like he has that " carnal desire to be the champ". (I could certainly be wrong though). He seems to have the "I'm just naturally good at this, so this is what I'm going to do for right now" type of vibe.

I was wondering about him a few weeks back. He certainly has potential but after seeing this interview last year it just doesn't seem like he has that " carnal desire to be the champ". (I could certainly be wrong though). He seems to have the "I'm just naturally good at this, so this is what I'm going to do for right now" type of vibe.

yea, he'll just be another Mike Perry

Back