Multiplatform What game are/were you really good at?

Nice @Law Talkin’ Guy - was decent at it but Action Quake 2 was my game. Was one of the better HPB players (high ping bastard). Sucked at CS but great at AQ2.

@DougieJones - do you still play? Used to be up there although was more ITG (in the groove) for us which has custom stepcharts. The machine got run down and disappeared ages ago so for the past 5 years been playing PIU (pump it up). Good at it but cant keep up with the kids that get to play every day after school/uni.

Besides that used to play Tekken competitively, mostly around Tekken 5 to 6 era. Arcade scene back then was the best.

I used to be top of the heap with Tekken Tag at the local scene. I worked at a burger joint on a navy base that was attached to a bowling alley with an arcade and then at Sears with an arcade a few stores down. I played a bunch of matches every day with a steady stream of new players and a bunch of regulars that we would have some pretty great sessions. Won a couple local tournaments and placed like 4th at a Gameworks tournament that was pretty big in Seattle.

I got a different job and didn't play for long stretches. I remember going into the mall after a few years and went to play some Tekken Tag and surprisingly saw a few old faces and went to play them and got absolutely smoked. They stuffed all my old tactics and they hit me with a ton of new strategies and air juggles I had never seen. I'd never felt so dejected in my years as a gamer. You really have to stay well practiced to stay competitive with fighting games. I still like to play them, but just don't have the time to be more than casual.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!- I was able to beat Tyson since I was a kid and could get to Bald Bull Blind Folded.

The Yukes THQ N64 Wrestling games

The THQ UFC games- I was ranked 12 in the world on the first one, but stopped playing ranked matches for 2 and 3, because it would get to a point where nobody would play me when I had a high ranking. I did beat the number 1 person in the world on the leader boards though.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!- I was able to beat Tyson since I was a kid and could get to Bald Bull Blind Folded.

The Yukes THQ N64 Wrestling games

The THQ UFC games- I was ranked 12 in the world on the first one, but stopped playing ranked matches for 2 and 3, because it would get to a point where nobody would play me when I had a high ranking. I did beat the number 1 person in the world on the leader boards though.

If I recall I don't think I ever went far enough into Mike Tyson's Punch Out to even face Tyson. So that's pretty good that you beat Tyson.

NFL Blitz - would have tournaments with my friends and always come out on top.

Here Comes the Pain - put in a lot of hour into this one and would always crush my friends. I also had the modem for PS2 and remember getting matched up with a top 10 world ranked player and beating on him before he rage quit.

Easy level. Wasn't hard until the technodrome.
TMNT-NES-Dam-Level-Michaelangelo-copy.jpg

2D platformers from grinding Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Ghouls n Ghosts, 3D action games from grinding FromSoft's catalogue and the GTA franchise, FPS games from grinding Counter-Strike Source and CoD: Black Ops 2, Racing games from grinding the Mario Kart and Gran Turismo franchises. I wouldn't say I'm anything special with these genres, but I can pick them very quickly and get a fairly high level skill if I end up enjoying them. The specfic games I mentioned, I'd say I'm really good at though

Everquest and then World of Warcraft.

Was a great paladin in Everquest, and a great death knight in WoW.

WoW has gotten too bloated for me to be great at anymore, and I just cannot get back into EQ.

Pretty good at FF14 now.

Basically, I do well with tab target MMOs

Only counting multi-player online:

Ultima Online me and my buddy had a couple characters who made most wanted lists on several servers for being epic griefers before the term existed.

Was pretty lethal in GTA online in the early das before the micro transaction really took off.

Turbo (the trick was to use the shifter to slow down)
Galaga (I was freaking awesome)
Titanfall 2 (I still play the MP nearly every day)

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition
Left 4 Dead 2
Sniper Elite: 3 (All you'd see is your character falling over with a hole in its' head and you'd never know where I was.)
Knockout City (Oh man, I was good...)

I was really good at Halo CE and Fuzion Frenzy

In the twisted system game, so long as I had the outside lane, or the one beside it, I'm sure I'd be high in some world leader board if there ever was one. I never lost a game in that, regardless of the lane. I tried it again a couple of years ago, the twitch skills just aren't there anymore lol

My fav fighting game ever was the first Soulcalibur, Soul Blade on PS1. I used Li Long, won a lot of tournaments among friends and teammates with him. They replaced him with Maxi in the Dreamcast follow up Souldcalibur, wasn't the same. I think they brought him back in later games, but I was really burnt out on those games.

Sould Blade has one of the best intros ever!

Street Fighter 2 (arcade and Super Nintendo), Virtiua Fighter 2, and I believe I was the best Goldeneye player that ever graced this planet.

@DougieJones - do you still play? Used to be up there although was more ITG (in the groove) for us which has custom stepcharts. The machine got run down and disappeared ages ago so for the past 5 years been playing PIU (pump it up). Good at it but cant keep up with the kids that get to play every day after school/uni.

No I haven't played in years, unfortunately. I used to have 2 legitimate pads I used at home with my PS2

As far as single player games I would say:
Sekiro
Tony Hawk's Underground
Contra

Multiplayer online though? Oof. I'll have to come back to this post lol

Used to terrorize the online world of Unreal Tournament Instagib....

Quite good at Souls games, bullet hell shooters, Metroidvanias.

Was the highest rated player in Americas Army on AAOTracker. Former top ten driver in the world for N2K2, N2K3 and iRacing. Was the #1 sniper regionally in the original Team Fortress. Was part of the #1 ranked RBG team in WoW. For nearly the past decade ive been ranked in the top 2.5% for CSGO/CS2.

Doesnt upset me what esports has become today for im extremely happy with my career. Does upset me when players with the talent piss it away; individuals like Shroud.

Sega Rally 1, Quake 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, as a kid.

I'm not really great at anything these days. I don't have the patience.

Reactions: HHJ
I was really good at the 2d mario games
SMW,lost levels,etc

The shit people make w Mario Maker now,just watchin that shit gives me anxiety but back in the days I woulda schooled shit like that,made it my BITCH.

I could beat most difficult platformers,even if i had to kill myself to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back