What finishes do UFC fighters most dread?

MacGregor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If any, whether it's because it causes pain/injury, it's embarrassing, or whatever, how don't mma/ufc fighters want to lose?

K6yOw4r.gif

Fencing response KO. Seems like a lot of people would rather tap than get choked unconscious as well.

Obviously I'm not a fighter or even a hobbyist in MMA, but I admit for a long time when grappling, my heart would skip a beat when lower body submissions setups were initiated, even though I knew intellectually there wasn't really *that* much to fear over and above other submissions, and 99 percent of the time it was "just training" with a sane teammate, etc...

Getting KOed is probably the most embarrassing I would imagine. But who knows?

I'd say probably either the way Weidman finished Silva the first time or Conor finishing Aldo.

Getting caught showboating is always going to be a tough one to live down, as really you can't be angry at anyone but yourself.

Getting KO'ed really quickly in a massively hyped fight at the end of a long, bitter rivalry as well had to be tough - look at how Aldo reacted and how he's behaved since.

Both of those have got to be really tough to process.

I have a pretty big fear of getting ktfo by getting kicked in the face.

I'm not a UFC fighter, but for me I think it would be a straight armbar. An opponent landed one on me in a judo match, and even though he let go as soon as I tapped (which was instantly because of how quickly he put it on), my arm still hurt for several days afterward. If you get choked out, fine; if you get hit in the face, great. But if you mess up a joint, that's going to be with you for a long, long time.

For the sake of injury I'd say heel hook would be pretty bad. For their own pride I'd say flatlined with a bad knock out face

Back