What fight should be added to the UFC 229 Main Card?

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It appears that the main card for UFC 229 may be nearly set.

Main Event: Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs Conor McGregor (1)
Co-Main: Derrick Lewis (2) vs Alexander Volkov (5)
Obligatory WMMA fight: Michelle Waterson (7) vs Felice Herrig (8)
Ovince St Preux (7) vs Dominick Reyes (12)
Sergio Pettis (2) vs Jussier Formiga (5)

Hopefully they add one more decent fight cause nobody really wants to see that flyweight fight on the main card.

I'd love to see the UFC promote another one of their upcoming stars on this card, like a Dan Hooker perhaps. Dan Hooker/Ragin' Al would be a great fight to kick off the card. Leon Edwards/Jorge Masvidal is another one I'd like to see. Or Sean O'Malley/Thomas Almeida would be fantastic as well.

Which fight would you add to round out the card?

Dan Hooker just called out Pettis for 229. It would be awesome if they rescheduled Holloway vs Ortega as co main, but I doubt it. I would like to see Arnold Allen on a main card of a ppv but I doubt that too

Holy shit....imagine the main event falling out and UFC trying to swindle the 15 million dollar gate with Derrick Lewis vs Alexander Volkov as the main event

Not sure who... but thinking someone that could use the major exposure to build them up.

Anderson Silva Vs Gohkan Saki ?

Caïn Velasquez Vs Todd Duffee

2 reliable WorkHorse

Garbrandt Vs Lineker
Cody just got the piss beaten out of him, give the man some time. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him in the octagon again for awhile.

It appears that the main card for UFC 229 may be nearly set.

Main Event: Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs Conor McGregor (1)
Co-Main: Derrick Lewis (2) vs Alexander Volkov (5)
Obligatory WMMA fight: Michelle Waterson (7) vs Felice Herrig (8)
Ovince St Preux (7) vs Dominick Reyes (12)
Sergio Pettis (2) vs Jussier Formiga (5)

Hopefully they add one more decent fight cause nobody really wants to see that flyweight fight on the main card.

I'd love to see the UFC promote another one of their upcoming stars on this card, like a Dan Hooker perhaps. Dan Hooker/Ragin' Al would be a great fight to kick off the card. Leon Edwards/Jorge Masvidal is another one I'd like to see. Or Sean O'Malley/Thomas Almeida would be fantastic as well.

Which fight would you add to round out the card?
They wont add any other top fights because they dont want to pay anybody conors ppv money when they all came to see conor.... Just forget this thread.

Usman X RDA
Leon Edwards X Masvidal
Wonderboy X Lawler

Another fight of this calibre would be nice but most likely will be O'malley vs some can

Maybe they'll put a nice fight at the top of the prelims

Omalley wants ppv money if so he will not be on this card

How about zabit and yair they woulda ben great for this card and couldve fought on it as i beleive zabit wouldnt have a problem without getting ppv pay hed get reconized and a win bonus for sure thought.

Dude I’m already super excited as-is

The-Catechism-Cataclysm-550x309.jpg

100% the fight to put on there to showcase them is Gregor Gillespie vs Islam Makachev (sp?). Put them as the 3rd fight on the main card. Drop Reyes OSP to FS1 main event slot.

Back