What does the future hold for Charles Oliveira?

Yashabo

"I rove you my bitches" - Teruto Ishihara 2016
@Brown
Reaction score
  • Will he be forced to move up to 155 and if so, what are his chances?
  • Which highly ranked LW could he beat?
  • Should he be released for missing weight 4 times?
This is my first thread on sherdog, but I am a rather long-time fan of MMA.

Either he moves up to 55, or he gets chopped.

Bellator champ.

lol

His McDonald's endorsement went out the window. Maybe he can try burger King or white Castle next go round?

He needs to move permanently to 155. A fight against a lower ranked opponent that is easily beatable for him to boost his confidence would be a good start.

I think what happened to him is kinda of crazy in his last 2 fights. Dominated the ground but still got finished.

He also would be so much better if he didn't fought always for the finish. In round 2 of Pettis fight he was doing good on the stand up but then he went for a TD for no reason. Not everyone can be like Ferguson.

Kinda surprised that he has been submitted 3 times in his career and twice in a row considering his creditials. I guess we could say he has great offense and less than spectacular defense.

He needs to move permanently to 155. A fight against a lower ranked opponent that is easily beatable for him to boost his confidence would be a good start.
Either he moves up to 55, or he gets chopped.

Bellator champ.

lol

I'm not sure if he has any fights left on his contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him after giving him some "bum fights" until they could release him.

_82331866_bgebm2.jpg

Move to 155 and face someone like Joe Lauzon

I'm not sure if he has any fights left on his contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him after giving him some "bum fights" until they could release him.
nah.. no chance.. win or lose, his fights are always entertaining

I like him, but... damn.. hes no FW.

nah.. no chance.. win or lose, his fights are always entertaining

Entertaining fighters are hard to come by, but losing the way he has while also missing weight nonchalantly could rub the high-ups the wrong way. I hope he can get back on track at 155 and stsrt fighting just a little bit smarter
<{Ray3}>

I think what happened to him is kinda of crazy in his last 2 fights. Dominated the ground but still got finished.

He also would be so much better if he didn't fought always for the finish. In round 2 of Pettis fight he was doing good on the stand up but then he went for a TD for no reason. Not everyone can be like Ferguson.

"He also would be so much better if he didn't fought always for the finish"

Thats the type of GSP BS things that makes me zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Entertaining fighters are hard to come by, but losing the way he has while also missing weight nonchalantly could rub the high-ups the wrong way. I hope he can get back on track at 155 and stsrt fighting just a little bit smarter
<{Ray3}>
agree on the weight part, really BS.

But the fight was competitive, weird that Oliveira didnt get the sub, he should really work on the basics

Good job TS. If he puts on some muscle and work on his takedowns a lot, he could become maybe a solid top 10 like Chiesa. But looking at top 10 LW, I don´t see him beating anybody there at this moment, those guys are just too good for him.

Bellator Champ at Oliveiraweight

How the hell hasn't he been forced up to 155 yet? It's rediculous.

Back