What do you use to make foods not stick? Butter? Oil?

Someone told me cooking with olive oil is very unhealthy due to change in its chemical properties with high heat. Its only healthy when its tossed in a salad or something like that.

It's not unhealthy, but olive oil and high heat kills the flavor of olive oil. You'd be better off using an oil with a higher smoke point if the flavor of the oil is important to you.

Coconut Oil
But I try not to use any at all. As already mentioned - make sure the pan is hot. I make scrambled eggs with no butter or oil.

Butter for now. Non diet, unsalted.

Handy purchases: Parchment (not waxed) paper, resealable silicone or sous vide bags, and an enameled cast iron pot.

The paper doesn't burn, but does soak through so cooking with enameled cast iron will help ease cleaning. Yes even an egg can be cooked on parchment paper and won't easily stick. You can't flip it but why are you flipping food? Are you on a show? Is this the movie COCKTAIL? Was your mother a ninja? Use a spatula like an adult.

Anything you boil or steam can go in the bag, bag goes in the water. In the bag, the food won't be diluted. Veggies, fish, whatever. The silicone can be used for storage as well.

Cook times will need to be monitored until you get the swing of things.

For eggs I'll typically throw a pad of butter in the pan. When the butter's melted, the pan is hot enough. I use canola oil if I'm cooking in a pan, since it holds up to high heat better than olive oil.

usually olive oil, butter, or duck fat

Get a Misto. Allows you to spray your oil like you would with PAM except there are no harsh chemicals because it's just a pump sprayer.

71zYm6lrfcL._SY463_.jpg

I use Pam

Her skin gets hard to scrape off the pan after I'm done cooking so sometimes I use butter beforehand

giphy.gif

i just use a magnifying glass to cook

Olive oil. I'll only really use butter if I'm frying up king prawns with chilli and garlic

Dick skin works. You have to go to a Chinese market to get it though.

depends on dish

stir fry-vegetable oil
eggs- butter
pan fry- olive oil, veggie oil, or butter

Olive oil is usually ok for light frying.

I usually use peanut oil for heavier frying.

If using an animal based product, I use lard.

Back