What do you think this music video means?

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Still looking forward to Miike Snow's follow-up to their terrific last album, iii, but I recently rewatched this video for the first time in years, and I remembered how much it baffled me. I think this may be as good as abstract art gets because I have no idea what the hell it is trying to say, if it's trying to say anything, and yet I still love it. It's so weird and fun and intriguing.

Here are the full lyrics to the song if you think that helps.
The waves are warm, the sun is out
The sea is full of agents
The car, the space between
The grains of sand, the automating

There is someone here who laughs too hard at everything

You say, isn't it hard
Paddling out? Paddling out?
You say, isn't it hard

The rattle and the mating crowds
Are out here for the weekend
We had to take our clothes before
The sun was gone completely

I used to lie and think in clouds
Deciding which were queens and which were doves
And lines I throw myself are thin
Are shower curtain-thin

You say, isn't it hard
" "....

It's about shallow cunts......

Edit but after a Google search it's about endeavoring to continue on ...... In life..

I enjoyed the sound scape going on in the background of the song......

The guy wakes up hungover and he's a drug dealer that dips into his own supply so he does a line of coke and a few LSD tabs and feels grrrrreat.

Then the DEA raid his house and he thinks they're taking him to space cause he's tripping so bad but he goes to prison.

The next part represents him trying to change face and become better but the judge throws the book at him.

Last scene he says fuck it and does the 8 ball he hid up his ass.

The guy wakes up hungover and he's a drug dealer that dips into his own supply so he does a line of coke and a few LSD tabs and feels grrrrreat.

Then the DEA raid his house and he thinks they're taking him to space cause he's tripping so bad but he goes to prison.

The next part represents him trying to change face and become better but the judge throws the book at him.

Last scene he says fuck it and does the 8 ball he hid up his ass.

Yes the video was fun but mixing LSD and Cocaine isn't a great idea as the coke kicks you in and out of the trip.....

Reactions: 666
Speak for yourself.

I have mixed all sorts of shit with LSD.
Coke of course on that list.

Timing is everything.
A well timed pick me up can be lovely.

It just chucks off the LSD then it creeps back in, I'd rather just enjoy the trip.... Now Ketamine and Coke is fun.

It just chucks off the LSD then it creeps back in, I'd rather just enjoy the trip.... Now Ketamine and Coke is fun.
Depends on circumstances.

Do enough acid a a little window of clarity is not the end of the world. A little energy boost.

Time and place for everything.

Ketamine and Molly for me.
But there are many ways to bake a cake.

Depends on circumstances.

Do enough acid a a little window of clarity is not the end of the world. A little energy boost.

Time and place for everything.

Ketamine and Molly for me.
But there are many ways to bake a cake.

LSD, Molly, then ket bumps for me.

Fun fun fun.

I have ketamine infusion treatment tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I'm gonna sit in a lazy boy and get administered IV ketamine from a nurse for 4 hours.
Scheduled for next 2 weeks. M-F

How the fuck did you get that going?

It's about human theatre. Probably just weird for weird sake at the end of the day.

True abstract doesn't advertise. Catchy track though!

I think at the end he thought he had become this beautiful and unique creature, only to discover he was just like everyone else. And it shattered his world.

Back