What current fighters could be the next to go mainstream like Conor and Ronda did?

According to UFC hype dept that guy is Sage Northcutt.

Kevin Lee if he would have beat Tony. Could still get there maybe.
He's certainly got the good looks, style etc for it. Smart and likeable, too.
But, as with so many of the other would-be-stars of UFC problems abound soon as he opens his mouth. He should learn to keep his mouth shut, really and cultivate some mystique. Study the classic film stars from back in the day, like Cary Grant, Montgomery Clift, James Stewart and so on and get some of that class and masculine suave. He could carry it off, I feel.

Tank Abbott 2018
Doesn’t change the fact he’s got the douchey image and charisma that McGregor and Rousey had to go mainstream.

Half the people tune in to see him win, half tune in to see him lose, but everyone is gonna tune in. He’s just gotta develop his game a little more and keep knocking people out.

Mighty Mouse could replace the animated avatar helper on your PC.

tenor.gif

Israel Adesanya and Darren Till come to mind. And though he is not on the current UFC roster... I think MVP has potential. I would have said Eric Silva if you asked this question a couple of years ago, though... so take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe Tony.

Lotta ifs, but IF he beats Khabib, and IF Conor comes back and Tony beats him too, I think Tony has the mouth and skills to be a very polarizing champ.

Israel Adesanya and Darren Till come to mind. And though he is not on the current UFC roster... I think MVP has potential. I would have said Eric Silva if you asked this question a couple of years ago, though... so take it with a grain of salt.
Give Erick Silva some time, he's so young he could still develop into a world-beater.

Cyborg. They need to get her more high profile fights than the scrubs she's fighting.

I have to agree with the Mike Perry pick...extremely charismatic KO artist with a hot gf...they should already have their own reality show imo...

Perry has no social media following, only Sherbros gaytrain. Sage flopped PVZ is useless. Ngannou failed as well.

Either Till or O'Malley as ConorMcFagot 2.0s
edit: Suppose Lee and Khabib have potential as well. Lee's promo on Lee vs Ferg was very good that should merge with a certain minority extremely well.

Woodley if he completely changes his persona and fight style, ie stop whining and start ktfoing people like I believe he can

I feel Khabib is the next big star, whilst he is already a star in Russia he still hasn't broken through the Western mainstream audience yet. If he manages to beat both Tony and Conor then he will be the next star for sure.

Darren Till and Mike Perry have the potential to be WW stars. I see both of them as future champions. Mike is truly the whole package and just needs to penetrate the Top 10. Darren is the same, the beautiful thing is that both of these guys are young.

Israel Adesanya is obviously the whole package and is the most likely MW to reach star status.

As for the lighter weight classes the only person who I see becoming huge is Cody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back