What Conor achieved was unbelievable

Fighting a man 20 lbs heavier and with a significant reach advantage. He not only hung in there but was the aggressor for much of the fight and landed a lot of damage. That take down defence against the cage - just wow.

The nonsense that "oh he kept running, he should have KO'd him etc etc". Such nonsense!

Imagine Nate achieving anything even remotely close to this at Light heavyweight. Every other champion is hiding in their weight class, never taking a chance, never going up. Mighty mouse, GSP, Jon Jones, Aldo - they were all the same.

screen_shot_2016_08_21_at_05_43_29-png.133605

I look at this gif and I can't help but think Conor wasn't fighting some giant man as some want people to believe.

porier, holloway

boom

I did not say all but most. Porier is now in the LW division because he was cutting too much like Conor. Holloway one of the bigger guys at FW who Conor fought went the distance with him.

I did not say all but most. Porier is now in the LW division because he was cutting too much like Conor. Holloway one of the bigger guys at FW who Conor fought went the distance with him.

porier left the division because he got smoked by mcgregor

porier left the division because he got smoked by mcgregor
Poirier moved up a weight class. If he moved a weight class due to a loss, most fighters would move down a weight class not up a weight class. The answer is that people tend to grow and gain weight over time even as adults and Poirier had trouble making 145. There is a reason why Conor hasn't defended his belt yet at 145 and its because he doesn't like the weight cut same as Dustin. Conor will eventually move up to 155 and he will be just another guy at 155 despite all the hype.

Poirier moved up a weight class. If he moved a weight class due to a loss, most fighters would move down a weight class not up a weight class. The answer is that people tend to grow and gain weight over time even as adults and Poirier had trouble making 145. There is a reason why Conor hasn't defended his belt yet at 145 and its because he doesn't like the weight cut same as Dustin. Conor will eventually move up to 155 and he will be just another guy at 155 despite all the hype.

there is no hype dude... he beat holloway with one leg, ko'd porier, ko'd mendes, ko'd aldo #1 p4p in the world in 13 seconds (never gets old), outboxed a diaz bro and was outweighed 20 lbs because diaz beefed up for the fight... there is no hype, mcgregor is a great fighter and has accomplished a lot in a very short time

he's a god trapped in a leprechaun's body. no one will ever compare. ever. incredible. amazing. utmost. he's a superuberfighter. superb.

...i need to find a lightning rod now.

CONOR WENT UP 3 THOUSAND WEIGHT CLASSES OMG GUYZ I STARTED WATCHING UFC THIS YEAR

Its not really like he faced a full blown WW. Props to him but I doubt he will be sniffing round that division post this last fight

I completely agree. I think Conor's interest in WW was purely to accommodate Nate on the short notice fight and then one more time to avenge the loss. Short of a massive paycheck at WW (title on the line, GSP or both) we're unlikely to see him at WW again.

The reality is that Nate was likely somewhat heavier than a LW would be on fight night, but less than a true WW would be. Some of the WWs are coming in at 190-195lbs.

It's impressive either way and Nate has looked good lately - especially in his win over Johnson.

They weighed in like 2lbs apart, and Nate has a whopping 2 inch reach advantage(which roughly means one inch per arm). Yeah that's crazy stuff right there...

20 pounds heavier???

maybe if conor fought tyron woodley

He fought a guy 10 pounds heavier. Anderson fought a guy 20 pounds heavier who was a former champ and finished him. Anderson is much more impressive than Conor

I agree, all this fanboy shit aside... conor is actually amazing.. just the way he handled his loss in the first place is something everyone can learn from..

then he comes back and survives,regroups and beats nate the way he did? incredible.

he now still keeps his aura and hes possibly going to fight alvarez for the title.. and he could beat him... imagine that.

Holy Crap, and they wonder why McGregor gets so much shit.

IT'S BECAUSE HIS FANS ARE IDIOTS!

there is no hype dude... he beat holloway with one leg, ko'd porier, ko'd mendes, ko'd aldo #1 p4p in the world in 13 seconds (never gets old), outboxed a diaz bro and was outweighed 20 lbs because diaz beefed up for the fight... there is no hype, mcgregor is a great fighter and has accomplished a lot in a very short time
He has to KO Aldo, Alvarez and Woodley in the same night in order to get recognized apparently.

Come on, he's 1-1 against a b level LW. It's really not all that impressive.

Fighting a man 20 lbs heavier and with a significant reach advantage. He not only hung in there but was the aggressor for much of the fight and landed a lot of damage. That take down defence against the cage - just wow.

The nonsense that "oh he kept running, he should have KO'd him etc etc". Such nonsense!

Imagine Nate achieving anything even remotely close to this at Light heavyweight. Every other champion is hiding in their weight class, never taking a chance, never going up. Mighty mouse, GSP, Jon Jones, Aldo - they were all the same.

screen_shot_2016_08_21_at_05_43_29-png.133605

They are both LW fighting at WW.

He's pretty damn good. His confidence level is insane to and has a lot to do with how good he is.

Back