What books are you reading?

51kF646J6RL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_ (1).jpg

Read this on a weekend vacation. It started out horrible but I stuck through to the end and it turned out.....ok.

Last edited:
Dune Prequels...just finished book 1 the butlerian jihad

GUEST_5eb7443f-8c8e-46de-9f6b-b7e4735b62f0

If anybody likes short fiction stories:

41gNyjqK1CL.jpg

And I also started:

The_Demon-Haunted_World%2C_first_edition_cover.jpg

I Love "Ficciones" and think it's some of Borges' strongest work. If you're enjoying it, I recommend Andrew Hurley's "Collected Fictions" for a satisfyingly comprehensive collection of Borges' different releases over his literary career.

For june, I had a fairly satisfying run of these:
Umberto Eco's "Kant & the Platypus"
Knut Hamsun's "Hunger"
Goethe's "The Sorrows of Young Werther"

I am now plodding through Wittgenstein's "Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus"

Starting to read again since I decided to stop smoking weed daily and preserve what's left of my mental faculties. I need something fun and easy to get going, so I started with this. Very entertaining if you like sci-fi, but more like a book of short stories centered around a single protagonist. I wish he would write more sci-fi, I'll likely never read GOT.
tuf05.jpg

Starting to read again since I decided to stop smoking weed daily and preserve what's left of my mental faculties. I need something fun and easy to get going, so I started with this. Very entertaining if you like sci-fi, but more like a book of short stories centered around a single protagonist. I wish he would write more sci-fi, I'll likely never read GOT.
View attachment 929753
I loved the ASoIaF by Martin. I read a set of his short stories. Meh. I hadn't heard of this one.

I been working my way though Kings books from the last decade or so and am on Finder’s Keepers. Pretty good book.

Finders_Keepers_2015.jpg

O is for Outlaw by Sue Grafton.
Surviving the Evacuation book 3 ( Zombie novel) by Frank Tayell.

I finished CS Lewis “The Abolition of Man” and have now started the CS Lewis fiction novels known as “The Space Trilogy” which is based on the philosophy of The Abolition of Man.

I'm currently reading Douglas Murray's 'Madness of Crowds', and also HP Lovecraft's complete collection - it was something I always fancied checking out, it's like a 1,500 page hardback and only cost me £25 or something. I'm only 400 pages in though - its not that I dislike it, its just the old fashioned writing style takes it out of me a bit and I find I can only handle 2 of his short stories at a time before my mind starts wandering. Much respect though, way before his fucking time.

Ready player one. It's a fun book.

I'm interested in checking out some more Abercrombie. I read the first law and would welcome recommendations of his other books.

Ready player one. It's a fun book.

I'm interested in checking out some more Abercrombie. I read the first law and would welcome recommendations of his other books.

The new triology that builds on the first law, age of madness is really good imo. Also, his standalones in the same universe is worth checking out. Heroes is fantastic, total warboner when I read it.

Myself I'm reading The Unicorn Project, a follow up to Phoenix Project, which is novelization of the DevOps concept which is really big in IT atm.

View attachment 929754 Just started this today.

Just finished this recently. I don't read a lot of fiction but this held my attention the whole way through. Really enjoyable book.

I finished this series recently as well. I enjoyed it overall. The first book took some time to really pull me in. But the second and third books were good. There is going to be a movie or series on this, as it is nearing production (or may even already be in production).

What I am currently reading, is book 1 of the Leaphorn and Chee series by Tony Hillerman. It is the source material for the new AMC show Dark Winds, following a tribal officer Joe Leaphorn as he investigates mysterious killings, intertwined with Native American/Indian folklore and witchcraft. Good stuff.

Back