What are your thoughts on UFC 212?

Not the best PPV,and like someone already said,UFC 211 is so good it's hard to even look passed to 212.Also of course the possibility of injuries etc. but amazingly,off the top of my head so don't quote me,in the last 3 cards completed I can only think of 1 fight being cancelled,so maybe things are turning around in that aspect (haha ya right =/ )

I always like every card,I think I have said a card sucks once or twice in the last 10 years.As a ppv though,it's not the strongest card,and could get worse,or better.Jose Aldo always scares me headlining a card that basically needs him to compete in order to really go down and be ok,he pulls out A LOT...but but but,I don't think he's ever pulled out in Brazil,and it's in Brazil,so that makes me put more stock into it going down.I think he plays a lot of games with all his pulling out being in Vegas etc.Anyway.

Also,there's so much crying on this site about "shit" cards,meanwhile those bitching have no clue who the fighters are.You want to enjoy those "shit" fights,take an hour and study the card,watch some footage,watch interviews,read,whatever,but if you know who they are the fights are more interesting.It's funny most that say "I don't have time for that" spend like 10 hours a week or more on sherdog lol.

Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway-Amazing fight nothing needs to be said.

Anderson Silva vs ???-Important imo for the PPV #'s wise for Silva to compete on this card or another pretty big name in this co-main slot.Who he fights imo isn't going to make a huge difference as most "name" fighters are booked,just competed etc. and even if they got a "name" fighter Silva doesn't have that crazy draw anymore,I might be wrong,but his name alone should bring numbers.It's always fun to watch him compete,even these days,and I actually hope he doesn't get some killer.

Raphael Assuncao vs Marlon Moraes-Phenomenal fight,awesome test for Moraes,they are doing him no favors,but I like his style to take a decision from the always competitive Assuncao and jump right into contender'ish status.

Claudia Gadelha vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz-Been a fan of Karolina since KSW,so i'll be rooting for her of course but Gadelha's so good at smothering,and has improved her striking.I won $500 at tapology for the UFC seasonal competition which ended on Gadelha vs Joanna and literally came down to Joanna winning,so now it's imbedded in me to root against Claudia lol.Seriously though,Claudia was really cool on TUF so it made me more of a fan.The fight itself probably won't be a barn burner,but with Karolina's movement,tdd,striking and fight IQ I think she can make it very interesting possibly coming out with a decision.Either way,it's a fight that has big title implications,so it's important and that always adds a little excitement imo.

Leonardo Santos vs Olivier Auburn Mercier-This is one of my favorite fights on the card,it's just stylistically fun as hell.Santos has quietly done some big things,he hasn't lost since 2006 besides a split to Yokota in 2009 which iirc I thought Leo won but don't remember it perfectly anymore.With Leo's last few wins being Kevin Lee,who I think is a monster and I picked him over Trinaldo recently,and Adriano Martins who is also pretty top notch,he's shown he's right up there imo with the top'ish guys and has shown great improvements.

OAM is obviously no slouch,and the great stylistic match up of two awesome grapplers with improving stand up is fun to me.OAM is a badass,even if everytime you see him it looks like he just got out of bed.Seriously fun fight though,but after watching OAM lose to Ferriera,Santos being world class/world champion in bjj and improved stand up I can't put much stock in an OAM win,Leo is probably just too slick at this point.

Erick Silva vs Yancy Mederios-Well...someone's gonna get fucked up.My inner just bleed fan likes this match up.

Johnny Eduardo vs Matthew Lopez-I'm never a fan of guys that fight once every million years but knockouts of Eddie Wineland and Manny Gamburyan aren't too shabby for Eduardo,couple that with him probably having near a championship level camp as I imagine he'll be one of Aldo's main training partners for this camp.Lopez is no joke,he looked very good beating Mitch Gagnon in his last fight and has some real potential.Nice clash of styles here.

Paulo Costa vs Oluwale Bamgbose
-Well neither guy has gotten a W without adding a KO to their resume,with I think all 15 coming in the first lol.Seriously,that's bananas.Costa is a straight killer,Oluwale has the power of course,but damn this should be nuts for however long it lasts.

Marco Beltran vs Deiveson Alcantara-Beltran quietly won 3 ufc fights before that Soto loss,and was a bit surprising for me as I picked him to lose those 3 fights.Alcantara,I don't think I have see him fight,he's 11-0,i'll have to check out his Jungle Fight,but I do know a few guys he beat and they are solid,so he must be pretty damn good,as opposed to a record padding undefeated brazilian,that we sometimes see (no disrespect)

Antonio Carlos Junior vs Eric Spicely-Both guys looking good lately after some bumps,or I should say bump for Spicely who's choked out Thiago Santos and Allessio De Chiciro or whatever his name is,in his last two,both surprising wins for me after Spicely looked mediocre vs Smiley,nothing special in TUF,and I also watched most of his career as I like CES.Does Spicely grapple with the iirc 3 X world champ?Should be really interesting,especially to see each guys gameplan.

Jamie Moyle vs Viviane Pereira-I had higher hopes for Moyle,I really liked her early in her career to be something special but kinda seems like she leveled out a bit instead of dramatic improvements like we often see in fighters stepping it up for the UFC and having some experience.Viviane will obviously be the favorite as she's 12-0 and coming off a win over a former UFC title challenger.I think Moyle can give her hell if she fights like I think she can/could.

Luan Chagas vs Jim Wallhead-Hell yeah,this fight is fun.Chagas will bang or grapple same with Judo Jim,both have pretty good power,pretty good chins and aren't afraid of a war.Luan impressed me with his short notice draw against Sergio Moraes,and I been a fan of Jim for a really long time.This will be a scrap.

Hopefully they get Thomas Almeida and Jon Lineker on the card (not necessarily against each other).

Only one fight in which I'm interested in seeing. Pretty much par for the course for contemporary cards...

It's not a bad lineup , but it should be a Fight Night or a FOX show at most ........

Back